Quantcast

Going to RETURN my lg lcd today

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I bought an LG TV because it touted how great it was at upscaling standard definition TV with their XD chipset.

I brought it home and it made every show look like an oversaturated painting. Absolutely unwatchable. I have a Samsung now that I'm very happy with.

Of course, none of that is helpful to you either I just wanted to talk about myself.
did you calibrate it with something like Digital Video Essentials? if not then complaining about the presets is rather pointless.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
The oversaturation was less a problem than the odd effect that the upscaling had. It looked as if someone had, to enlarge each pixel, smushed a paintbrush against the screen. Weird blobby effect, made it look like you were watching a moving painting.

I'm certainly savvy enough to know the presets on TVs aren't usually good, but I never could get the color quite right on it. That wasn't the problem, though. The bizarre upscaling was the deal breaker.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
on a serious note, can we get a sticky in the C&T forum for home theater help? id be happy to answer anyone's question there
Yeah good idea but no recommending that Victor crap, it's like the Ford Edsel of the electronics world. Their infamous exploding cameras maim thousands of children every year in Japan. It's very serious. Boom they go and now little kiddies have no fingers. I hope you're happy Rice. If I used smilies I'd be using the one where the head shakes in disgust. Kidmaimer.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I have your bagels.
I would ask for them back, but there's no telling what you've done to them.

I was planning a trip to Charlotte a couple months ago with an evening to kill, but I figured you weren't checking your PMs anymore so it was fruitless to see if you were around for a beer.

And then I realized that I probably didn't want to fight off the badgers and wolverines to see you anyway.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
They do roll well, must be spending a lot of time in a ditch.
Ditches don't dig themselves.

I would ask for them back, but there's no telling what you've done to them.
Nothing they don't want done to them.

I was planning a trip to Charlotte a couple months ago with an evening to kill, but I figured you weren't checking your PMs anymore so it was fruitless to see if you were around for a beer.

And then I realized that I probably didn't want to fight off the badgers and wolverines to see you anyway.
Badgers and wolverines will do what they will. Sorta like bagels.

"In 1902, the American company Hamilton Beach patented the first electric vibrator available for retail sale, making the vibrator the fifth domestic appliance to be electrified, after the sewing machine, fan, tea kettle, and toaster, and about a decade before the vacuum cleaner and electric iron."

Wikipedia

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
"In 1902, the American company Hamilton Beach patented the first electric vibrator available for retail sale, making the vibrator the fifth domestic appliance to be electrified, after the sewing machine, fan, tea kettle, and toaster, and about a decade before the vacuum cleaner and electric iron."

Wikipedia
And to think, they now make hot air corn poppers and deep fryers.