Quantcast

Going to Snowshoe for NORBA? Lock your bikes!!!

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
Since it's coming up next week I wanted to make this a separate thread from the Whistler one.

Last year thieves were working the venue and stealing bikes off decks, cars and camping sites. Keep an eye and a lock on your rig.

Mike

BostonBullit

Monkey
Oct 27, 2001
Medway, MA
Dartman said:
Since it's coming up next week I wanted to make this a separate thread from the Whistler one.

Last year thieves were working the venue and stealing bikes off decks, cars and camping sites. Keep an eye and a lock on your rig.

Mike
I'm tempted to go down there just to setup a "sting" operation...leave some high dollar rigs in semi-believable unattended situations and setup some video surveylance...

either that or stuff a high $$$ rig with explosives and let it get stolen...then wait 5mins and detonate it...

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
BostonBullit said:
I'm tempted to go down there just to setup a "sting" operation...leave some high dollar rigs in semi-believable unattended situations and setup some video surveylance...

either that or stuff a high $$$ rig with explosives and let it get stolen...then wait 5mins and detonate it...

I'm just going to wire mine up to 3 phase electricity :dead: :evil:

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
guess ill find the key to my lock. probly not very good though. its one of those kryptonite U locks with a cable. do you think itd be safe in the back of a truck thats locked.

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
Dartman said:

Mike
Thanks for the warning! Some friends and I were there last weekend and left our bikes unlocked somewhat on the rack... but I was worried. I hoped I was just being paranoid.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Transcend said:
I'm bringin my full auto paintball gun to deal with these asshats.

note to bike thiefs....stop by the pod house at your own risk.
Put the paintballs in the freezer...well, at least half of them. You DO want some paint splattering to easily ID the guy for the cops. (and the contusions will ID him for a week after regardless...)

MD

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
MikeD said:
Put the paintballs in the freezer...well, at least half of them. You DO want some paint splattering to easily ID the guy for the cops. (and the contusions will ID him for a week after regardless...)

MD
at 14 rounds a second and cranked up to 400 fps, i dont need them to be frozen...from about 10 feet away they leave a massive welt.

No chance you are coming to snowshoe is there?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Transcend said:
at 14 rounds a second and cranked up to 400 fps, i dont need them to be frozen...from about 10 feet away they leave a massive welt.

Yeah but wouldn't 7 rounds per second marker AND 7 rounds per second mo pain at 400 ft/s be so much better?

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Transcend said:

Welts? Bah, you want to break cheekbones...

Unfortunately not a chance in hell.

MD

KleinMp99

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
United States
BostonBullit said:

Video surveylance with a couple guys in camo with firearms hiding in the bushes.

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
Capt. Jack Sparrow said:
Thanks for the warning! Some friends and I were there last weekend and left our bikes unlocked somewhat on the rack... but I was worried. I hoped I was just being paranoid.
Generally you can. It's just some asshats follow NORBA races for some easy pickin's. It's definitely not the locals.

Ask at the bike shop about overnight bike check. They were offering it last year.

Mike

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Seeing as one of my room mates works in the 'funeral services' industry, I should try to get her to sneak me a cadaver and lay it next to my bike - then scatter a few empty .45 shell casings about...

Either that or leash my dog to my bike...Although, more than likely, he would be perfectly happy to just idley watch said thief take my bike and accept any belly rubs or treats sent his way...Worthless mutt.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Dartman said:
It's just some asshats follow NORBA races for some easy pickin's.
So shouldn't NORBA and the place where the events are happening get a F'ing clue and notify the police... I heard about all the bikes snagged at Big Bear a couple weeks ago and it seems idiotic that if you are hosting such an event that you would not be properly prepared!