Quantcast

going to the bottom

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
The best part about that picture of the Balfa is that both tires are even flattened.. The bike could not go any further down without crumpling the frame.

Great pictures. Anyone have any more?

How

Monkey
Sep 10, 2001
Area 51
whoa that Balfa is set up way to soft, my bike would be like half way through it's travel off that drop, I don't think it ever goes more than 75% of it's travel.

Earthmover

Chimp
Feb 25, 2002
Terra Forma
Those pics are cool! It's amazing what these bikes going throughm and keep on ripping! Also, How, you want to set your bike up to use all your travel, otherwise just get a 4-6 travel bike thats lots lighter!

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Ha, this was my first day on the new bike.
The thing that you cannot see it that I had just landed off a little drop thing, and now I am about to gap out over another rock.
Lucky me, my suspension was already preloaded for me.:p
PS That Balfa pic is so sick. Me hasta go2 Whistler.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Originally posted by DHCorky
The result of a 220lb+ rider trying to manual a V10 setup for a 165lb rider:

that is an awesome photo which illustrates how difficult it is to get the front wheel up on a V10.

back to topic. here's one of aran, bottoming out on the stepdown from the bray race:

another rider, same spot (check out the angle of the swingarm on that ancillotti!):

all pics by victor (freezefocus) lucas.

slcpunk21

BS is not a bitch.
Feb 14, 2003
finally transplanted
Originally posted by stoney98
it's proper, just the angle.
umm I disagree.. it looks like the rear of the seat got tapped by the tire and it got "squished" so it looks like the back is smashed forward....

but ahh.. hell if I really know, just waht it looked like to me

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Originally posted by Threepointtwo
This guy's fork is bottomed.
No!

His tire bottomed into the fender:D
Pays to be fashion conscious and leave the fender at home on dry days;)

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
Originally posted by How
whoa that Balfa is set up way to soft, my bike would be like half way through it's travel off that drop, I don't think it ever goes more than 75% of it's travel.
So your suspension is set up wrong is what your telling us?

How

Monkey
Sep 10, 2001
Area 51
Originally posted by Earthmover
Also, How, you want to set your bike up to use all your travel, otherwise just get a 4-6 travel bike thats lots lighter!
that's what the magazines tell you, I save the rest of my travel for big cases and overshootings.

Here's one of me getting it bad, the landing went all wrong and my shock hasn't been the same since

:(

Attachments

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
Originally posted by How
that's what the magazines tell you, I save the rest of my travel for big cases and overshootings.

:(
thats why good bikes use linkages, lets you have the best of both worlds :p :D

its the same for a well tuned fork, you'll get most of your travel most of the time; it'll eat whatever travel it needs and not bottom out.

slcpunk21

BS is not a bitch.
Feb 14, 2003
finally transplanted
Originally posted by stoney98
the dark line of the saddle curves a bit. Trust me, I rode for WTB back in the day. It's the saddle. That and Curtis wouldn't set up his bike for that to happen. Even if he did, WTB would give him a new saddle ASAP!
NO NO NO.. i didn't mean it broke! I ment at that split second the seat got tapped and just compressed a little and was returning to it's normal position when the shot was taken. I to run the WTB saddle! That's why I thought it looked wierd. The best I have ever ridden!

Why the hell am I even disputing this with you.. hell if I really care, just making an ovservation.

HippieKai

Pretty Boy....That's right, BOY!
Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
Originally posted by slcpunk21
Why the hell am I even disputing this with you.. hell if I really care, just making an ovservation.
because everyone has to prove they are smarter than everyone else on RM duh!!:rolleyes:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Originally posted by bcd
:dead: to the ankle
:dead: to the shock
:dead: to the rim
:dead: to the fork
OOOH - ouch that does not look good- not good at all. Was anyone there to witness it? What was the end result to the rider and the bike? I would assume not good on both counts. :( :dead: