Quantcast

Going to Waco to ride with Wumpus

J

JRB

It was a nice 11 mile route, mostly in the dark. Friggin humidity was awful tonight though. Good ride. Just me and Chris. Nice leisurely pace. Great cat to ride with. :thumb:

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
yo, you guys doing LakeLake or Ruston?

how about the 12 Hour series coming up?

i'm going to probably do Reimers - solo and Lake Bryan - solo
i'll be in tahoe for the final one. Not sure if i'll make it back in time for the Torture Test (NOT TO BE MISSED.)

J

JRB

The Toninator said:
yo, you guys doing LakeLake or Ruston?

how about the 12 Hour series coming up?

i'm going to probably do Reimers - solo and Lake Bryan - solo
i'll be in tahoe for the final one. Not sure if i'll make it back in time for the Torture Test (NOT TO BE MISSED.)

TT - prolly
Tyler 24 hour on Nov 13th - likely
Gonna be in Houston this weekend, but don't know about racing. Been a while since I pushed really hard for 1 1/2. Can't ride the course on Saturday since it is my anniversary. Will likely cruise out and maybe ride after the race. Not really sure. It's like an hour or so from downtown huh???
Bryan - maybe
Reimer's - never been there, but doesn't sound fun for 12 hours.
You suck going to Tahoe. I will be coming back from a week's ride on road and trails at Big Bend

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
loco-gringo said:
TT - prolly
Tyler 24 hour on Nov 13th - likely
Gonna be in Houston this weekend, but don't know about racing. Been a while since I pushed really hard for 1 1/2. Can't ride the course on Saturday since it is my anniversary. Will likely cruise out and maybe ride after the race. Not really sure. It's like an hour or so from downtown huh???
Bryan - maybe
Reimer's - never been there, but doesn't sound fun for 12 hours.
You suck going to Tahoe. I will be coming back from a week's ride on road and trails at Big Bend
DL is exactly the same distance to the 10th of a mile as huntsville. Little over an hour.
what are you guys doing in town?

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
loco-gringo said:
It was a nice 11 mile route, mostly in the dark. Friggin humidity was awful tonight though. Good ride. Just me and Chris. Nice leisurely pace. Great cat to ride with. :thumb:
Damn. Found a broken spoke today when I was switching pedals. Wonder how long I was riding with the brake rubbing. :eek:

Fathead

Monkey
May 6, 2003
SE TX
The Toninator said:
DL is exactly the same distance to the 10th of a mile as huntsville. Little over an hour.
what are you guys doing in town?
I should be at Double Lake on Sunday racing Beginner. It'll be my 1st real race. I'm in no shape for it, but it's the only one that fits my schedule this Fall.

I know it's considered a "flat" course but I've seen 2 descriptions that call it "rolling." Do you know anyone who has raced it on a rigid bike? I'm planning to bring the hardtail, but I'm tempted to bring the rigid.

See y'all there. I'll be the beginner w/the t-shirt, beer gut, and red K2.

J

JRB

I may go race since it is an 11 o'clock start. Dunno. May just come hang out. If it is raining, I will be hanging at the hotel. I am also gonna look for new mtb shoes in Houston. Where should I go???

J

JRB

Wumpus said:
No wonder visa loves you. You have bought/changed more stuff in the last year than I have in 15 yrs of riding mtn bikes.

The stinkin velcro won't hold on my sidis. I shave it off and put new sticky velcro on, but don't know how long it will last. Visa really doesn't love me.

So it's you that keeps changing the rebound on my fork. :think: