Quantcast

~~Good Friday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Well I have a bunch of stuff planned for Tonight and nothing for the weekend. I'm finally taking my truck in for some much needed work tonight. Also installing some ceiling fans in my apt.

What's everybody got on tap for the weekend?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Yo stosh.

Not much going on this weekend - supposed to be another washout, so...

Went and looked at a Giant OCR3 yesterday on my lunch break - nice bike, but it feel right... everything felt too compact. Might go look at a Specialized Allez on today's lunch.

My dad came into town last night unexpectedly - went out for pizza and wings which was fun.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Yo stosh.

Not much going on this weekend - supposed to be another washout, so...

Went and looked at a Giant OCR3 yesterday on my lunch break - nice bike, but it feel right... everything felt too compact. Might go look at a Specialized Allez on today's lunch.

My dad came into town last night unexpectedly - went out for pizza and wings which was fun.
Nice!! Where's your dad live now?

How's the bike build going?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
Nice!! Where's your dad live now?

How's the bike build going?
Down in NEPA... about an hour from here. Not that far, but far enough that we don't see him as much as we'd like (just too busy to make the time, mostly). The bike build isn't really going at this point. I need to get some reducers for the shock to fit my frame. Maybe I'll do that this weekend...

Just found out we are having a halloween party in the office today - pizza, cookies, etc.. Good thing too since I didn't bring a lunch today.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Down in NEPA... about an hour from here. Not that far, but far enough that we don't see him as much as we'd like (just too busy to make the time, mostly). The bike build isn't really going at this point. I need to get some reducers for the shock to fit my frame. Maybe I'll do that this weekend...

Just found out we are having a halloween party in the office today - pizza, cookies, etc.. Good thing too since I didn't bring a lunch today.
Bwahhhhhhhh cookie and doughnut lunch!!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
different group of people ( well, Nurse Lisa was invited :D ) hopefully there will be some good (sexy) costumes......note to self: recharge camera battery!
Ha you better get some pics!!!

:drool: @ nurse lisa...........

J

JRB

Good morning yo. May put up a flourescent light in the kitchen. Current one sucks. I think I am bailing on the REI trail work service project. I can't see 100 people (potentially) not damaging the new trail if it is muddy. Don't know yet.

Hope to ride too.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco-gringo said:
Good morning yo. May put up a flourescent light in the kitchen. Current one sucks. I think I am bailing on the REI trail work service project. I can't see 100 people (potentially) not damaging the new trail if it is muddy. Don't know yet.

Hope to ride too.
wow, 100 people.....

J

JRB

stosh said:
wow, 100 people.....

Possibly. Not sure I will like it. There is a raffle, and I wonder how many peeps will just show up for swag. I kind of want to wait until times that I can better accomplish thing.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco-gringo said:
Possibly. Not sure I will like it. There is a raffle, and I wonder how many peeps will just show up for swag. I kind of want to wait until times that I can better accomplish thing.
yeah 100 people working on anything aint good.... take the US Government for example.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Going up to University of NH tomorrow to watch my girlfriend set sh!t on fire. Should be a good time. Then going to get wasted and watch people make fools of themselves (depending on how drunk I get, maybe make a fool of myself) at a chinese restaurant & karaoke bar.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Morning :stosh:

If I get done quickly with some small stuff, I'll have time to ride today, despite parents coming up. If not I won't be able to ride until Sunday.

Setting sh!t on fire? :think: :think: :think:

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Mornin all. We're having a halloween party/lunch here at work too. Of course, I forgot about it and brought my lunch. Oh well. I also have the task of taking pics of all the people who want to compete in a costum competition. Oh boy.

This weekend I've got an early ride planned for tomorrow (7 am), then on Sunday we've got plans to get together with another couple who have a child the same age as Evy and we're going trick-or-treating in their neighborhood. Should be fun. Evy's going to be a bumble-bee.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
picking up my brother tonight from the airport (he's coming in for the sox parade), and tomorrow we'll hang out downtown, and kick around the city after the parade.

sunday drop him off at the airport and hopefully get back in time for a short xc spin. then watch the pats keep their streak alive, and get read for the trick-n-treaters. my boys are going as power rangers, should be fun.

canon customer service rocks. the printer i bought which was dead straight from the box? well, originally we would have had to drive 35 miles to the nearest service center and get it fixed. but the wife complained to the guy long enough and they sent one out next day and told us we could keep the ink buckets (6 of 'em; it's a photo printer). got the new one working last night, and it does real nice work.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
ha ha.... it's my powersupply..................... for my computer.... the one thing I went cheap on.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
This tonight....

NWD V Premier
Friday October 29th 7pm

Elevate Cycles
35 Van Dam St.
Saratoga Springs, NY
518-587-0455
www.elevatecycles.com

Tickets are on sale now for $6 @ Elevate Cycles. Door prizes and raffles will be going on before and after film.

Thanks to our sponsors for this event:
Freeride Entertainment, 661, GoFast Energy Drink, Fox, Old Saratoga Brew Company and
Elevate Cycles.

This tomorrow...

SMBA Halloween Ride!

On Saturday October 30th , the Saratoga Mountain Biking Association will be holding a Halloween Bring-A-Dish and BBQ at our trails, located on Daniels Road outside of Saratoga. Festivities will commence with a guided, moderately-paced group ride at 3pm. Following the group ride, all bikers are invited to attend the potluck and BBQ, which will be continuing throughout the evening. A second group ride, for riders who have lights, is scheduled to begin at 6:00 PM. Costumes are optional for those who attend, although we would recommend staying clear of costumes with trailing ends.
This is an event intended to showcase the Saratoga Mountain Bike Association’s trail network, so all interested riders and their families are invited to attend. All we ask is that you please RSVP your attendance by calling Chris at 587-0455 or e-mailing chris@elevatecycles.com.
Limited parking is available across the road from the trailhead at the intersection of Clinton Ave and Daniels Rd., with additional parking located at the Falstaff’s parking lot on the Skidmore College campus. There will be event staffers at the parking locations to provide directions and collect bring-a-dishes to be shuttled in.
The Saratoga Mountain Biking Association is a non-profit organization that advocates land stewardship as well as acting as a center for our local mountain biking community. Since 2000, we have been leasing 538 acres of land from the Finch Pruyn company of Glens Falls in order to preserve access to our well-reputed trail network. For more information about the Saratoga Mountain Bike Association, visit our website at http://www.saratogamtb.org or inquire at Elevate Cycles on Van Dam Street. Elevate Cycles can also be contacted by phone at 587-0455.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Afternoon Stosh - had a great night with Laura last night.

Had a meeting with the President of our organization this a.m. - threw my hat in the ring for an AVP position and was told I would be the first on the list of internal candidates!

Pick up the kids tonight - dinner with Laura and her kids this evening - hockey and soccer tomorrow - not sure about tomorrow night with them - perhaps some type of Halloween thing so they can wear their costumes and I can take pics - they are both going as the Grim Reaper - so I have the Grim brothers - Sunday more hockey.

That's about if for me for now.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
Afternoon Stosh - had a great night with Laura last night.

Had a meeting with the President of our organization this a.m. - threw my hat in the ring for an AVP position and was told I would be the first on the list of internal candidates!

Pick up the kids tonight - dinner with Laura and her kids this evening - hockey and soccer tomorrow - not sure about tomorrow night with them - perhaps some type of Halloween thing so they can wear their costumes and I can take pics - they are both going as the Grim Reaper - so I have the Grim brothers - Sunday more hockey.

That's about if for me for now.
thats awesome man!!!