Quantcast

~~Good Friday Morning!!~~

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Morning stosh. :)

It's well...another day of summer out here in C-Springs. The weather seems to be finally shaping up and is sunny with only slight wind. Hopefully I'll make it out for a ride today but I'm not sure if I can since I have to watch my siblings.

Sounds you all are gonna have a lot of fun out east. Wish I could go. :( Oh well, Angelfire is in a week so that's pretty awesome. :D

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
SkaredShtles said:
I rode into work today. Now I'm tired, but in a good way. Besides, where better to take a siesta than at work. :thumb:

Weekend. Probably do a White Ranch ride here on the Front Range. I'm on call for the next week, so I'll be kind of tied to the pager and not too far from home.

My 4 y.o. got a 2-wheel bike for his b-day a couple days ago, so I think I'll head out with him on a local bike path ride some time.

Weather promises to be perfect this w/e out here - sunny w/ highs in the high 60s/low 70s.

-S.S.-
How long are you gonna be on the front range out here? We have a little mtbr ride planned on Monday if you'd be interested.
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=103024

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
I done rode in today for the third day in a row...I can never seem to ride in on Mondays. I don't know why that is. :think:

This weekend is helping a buddy move and some trail buildin..hopefully with some riding thrown in for good measure :D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
SilentJ said:
I done rode in today for the third day in a row...I can never seem to ride in on Mondays. I don't know why that is. :think:

This weekend is helping a buddy move and some trail buildin..hopefully with some riding thrown in for good measure :D
Now with the change in the weather I too hope to get some riding in.

I'll tell you what all the people at the US Open should be having some fun.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
Heidi said:
Good to hear!!!!! I still can't bend mine very far, but I can flex the muscles in my quad pretty good and even do calf raises.

Jeebus...they must have been pretty rough on you for a scope... Ive had a few tune-ups and I was up to 95% (compared to my right knee) bend after 2-3 days.
1st major tune: un-install a bunch of torn up cartilage - I ended up walking out of the hospital and was playing basketball a week and a half later with almost no pain. Prior to the scope I had played volleyball season on the torn cartilage pretty much in agony :mumble: after having torn it two months before. The gave me the chunks that they took out in a little jar....very chewy stuff :D :thumb:

2nd major tune: all cartilage was un-installed and a big pile of bone was scraped off the back of my kneecap, end of my femur and the end of my tibia. They also found that I had a loose ACL and LCL, but didnt think doing anything about it was a good idea. I walked that evening and was pretty good to go in about two weeks...running in 3.

I was a youngen at the time (17 and 20), though...I think it would take about twice as long to recover even now just 4 years later.

Good luck with your recovery!

splat

Nam I am
a Late good morning from me!

got here in the office nice and early everything was going great catching up on all ,my mail from not being in the office , had not even gotten on the Monkey yet , when Bam ! All the lights go out. Great I go running into the computer room , wait a couple minutes realize the powers not coming back quick , so I start shutting down all the servers I can before the UPS kick out. got most of them down in time.

take the oppertunity to change out a couple of dead UPS's and then about 90 minutes later power comes back up , and i spent the rest of the morning getting all the systems back online. Brought my stuff to ride at lunch but it wasn't happening :(

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
splat said:
<snip> when Bam ! All the lights go out. Great I go running into the computer room , wait a couple minutes realize the powers not coming back quick , so I start shutting down all the servers I can before the UPS kick out. got most of them down in time.

take the oppertunity to change out a couple of dead UPS's and then about 90 minutes later power comes back up , and i spent the rest of the morning getting all the systems back online. Brought my stuff to ride at lunch but it wasn't happening :(
Crap! I hate when that happens............

-S.S.-

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
splat said:
a Late good morning from me!

got here in the office nice and early everything was going great catching up on all ,my mail from not being in the office , had not even gotten on the Monkey yet , when Bam ! All the lights go out. Great I go running into the computer room , wait a couple minutes realize the powers not coming back quick , so I start shutting down all the servers I can before the UPS kick out. got most of them down in time.

we have a vette engine modified to run on propane as our generator :thumb:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i just read the end of the "i hit a mexican on a bike" thread +/- ignore list (seemingly half the posts nowadays :D) and i indeed feel dumber now. :dead:

PonySoldier

Monkey
May 5, 2004
Woodland Park Colorado
SkaredShtles said:
:think: Well, hopefully for the rest of my life. Unless I can manage to move *into* the mountains.

-S.S.-

You know I live in Bailey by choice and just suck it up so I can live up here, not for everyone I know but anything east of C470 is just west Kansas :D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
SkaredShtles said:
I'm not on your ignore list, am I? :D

-S.S.-
nope. altho i do wish i could selectively ignore your nasty-food avatars...