Quantcast

*** Good Humpday Morning ***

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Lunar eclipse up this way this morning. Pretty neat!

Starting out the workday with a pile of stuff to do. Horse made it home ok yesterday. All kinds of contraptions to keep him from scratching his eye where he had the surgery.

Onward!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Up early with Haley to watch the eclipse. Then work in a bit. Meh. Anybody want to go skiing the weekend?

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

It's a beautiful sunny day out there...commute was pretty mellow. I'm only here for a half-day...gotta run some errands that I just can't take care of during the weekend. Yesterday evening just flew by. Got home, and all of a sudden, it was bedtime. That's no fun.

Y'all be good to your fellow bipeds today.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Can confirm that it is humpday, and it is morning.

Starting to dig in on the looming medical bill. Administrators forward you to the billing department, the billing department forwards you to coding, coding sends you to a nurse, the nurse knows nothing about coding and says you have to talk to billing. Just an endless runaround with seemingly nobody being able to help. :banghead:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Company released 2017 financials today. Bragged to shareholders how awesome they did.

Tomorrow they release employee bonus information which will undoubtedly include griping how poorly they did.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Starting to dig in on the looming medical bill. Administrators forward you to the billing department, the billing department forwards you to coding, coding sends you to a nurse, the nurse knows nothing about coding and says you have to talk to billing. Just an endless runaround with seemingly nobody being able to help. :banghead:
I got a stupid from the insurance company in the mail yesterday. They wanted information on how Haley broke her arm, to chase down liability to somebody else. Having to explain that she is a five year old who was playing on the monkey bars at school and just fell off was painful. Questions about was there a teacher nearby, etc. How the fuck do I know? She's a five year old at recess playing on the monkey bars. They fall off shit and get hurt. I finally had to call her out and ask if she was really trying to build a case against a public school because a five year old fell off the monkey bars and hurt herself. She stopped mid-sentence, stated she was closing the case, offered a good day, then hung up. WTF?!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I got a stupid from the insurance company in the mail yesterday. They wanted information on how Haley broke her arm, to chase down liability to somebody else. Having to explain that she is a five year old who was playing on the monkey bars at school and just fell off was painful. Questions about was there a teacher nearby, etc. How the fuck do I know? She's a five year old at recess playing on the monkey bars. They fall off shit and get hurt. I finally had to call her out and ask if she was really trying to build a case against a public school because a five year old fell off the monkey bars and hurt herself. She stopped mid-sentence, stated she was closing the case, offered a good day, then hung up. WTF?!

Whenever you have to fill out one of those forms just say someone slipped on a wet floor and list the location as the address of the insurance company.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Rawr.

Lots and lots of Indian food was eaten last night. My body woke me up this morning before the alarm went off, telling me to go poop.

Mild amounts of snow falling here. Maybe an inch or two of fresh stuff. Tonight I shall do something outside, but I'm not sure that there is enough snow covering the ice and mud to take out the Altai Hoks. Maybe I should just trudge on foot and carry beer?

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Grumble. Got parking lot dinged sometime in the last day or so. It's just paint on my bumper, but I hate looking at that (or having people think it is my whiskey wrinkle).
That is all.
Too icy to fat bike without studs.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
I did a thing with a synth. I had it connected to all sorts of stuff, and then realized I was playing something that sounded kinda familiar.
Moogtallica
Neat. Moog does this whole Moogfest circle-jerk over here in Durham for the last few years, and everything everyone does sounds like that. There's patch cords running from eight different devices, dudes with headphones halfway on with their head cocked sideways....all so they can sound like an 80's Casio.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Neat. Moog does this whole Moogfest circle-jerk over here in Durham for the last few years, and everything everyone does sounds like that. There's patch cords running from eight different devices, dudes with headphones halfway on with their head cocked sideways....all so they can sound like an 80's Casio.
It’s a weird thing. There’s a clunky set of limits which technology can easily remedy. Yet there is something particularly satisfying to building the sounds and patching all the electronics together like giant LEGOs. I can certainly see why there’s a difference in appreciation between folks who do this stuff and those who only hear the end product. Probably not unlike brewing beer in your tub, or any of a number of DIY hobbies.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

23 miles on the single speed this morning. Thought I was over dressed untill I got out east on the 24 and the wind picked up, then I realized I wasn't wearing enough. Currently thawing out in a new coffee shop just south of the house. Coffee is good, but the quiche was amazeballs. Last mile to the house is liable to be a real struggle.

Anybody want to go skiing the weekend?
Talk to me goose. Where you thinking?

The term your looking for is "subrogation". The fact that it exists at all shows how morally bankrupt our society is. After I got hit, I had to refund 10k to my employer. When I dicked up my knee skiing a couple years ago I got the same phone call. Soon as the lady said who she was and why she was calling I told her I knew what she was calling about and I asked her how she slept at night. It was a very short phone call.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Talk to me goose. Where you thinking?
Loveland is my pass. I'm looking at taking Haley for ski school too. I think I have access to some other mountains too, but they are long drives with kid in the car.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
On the subject of moogfest, last year around moogfest time, you would find many crunchy / attractiveish women on tinder asking after a free moogfest pass

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Loveland is my pass. I'm looking at taking Haley for ski school too. I think I have access to some other mountains too, but they are long drives with kid in the car.
The official word:

"Loveland is skied right the fuck out until it gets more snow. bring your skinny hardpack carvers."

:D
:stupid:

Pretty much what I was going to say. Hit loveland last wednesday, and while it was better than being at work of course, the mountain was in pretty rough shape. They need snow bad.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Bike shop just called and said that the hub on the phat bike doesn't appear to be busted. It was just filled with rust. Oh yay, I guess that's slightly better than busted...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Up early with Haley to watch the eclipse. Then work in a bit. Meh. Anybody want to go skiing the weekend?
I’ll be at A-Basin Saturday... with the whole family.

Can confirm that it is humpday, and it is morning.

Ask to speak with the patient advocate.

Priced way too high. Perhaps I may get a good price for mine on eBay motors as of yet.

The official word:

"Loveland is skied right the fuck out until it gets more snow. bring your skinny hardpack carvers."

:D
Breck’s not bad. Wind blown up top for sure. One time down Horshshoe Bowl after that steep and windy t bar ride is enough.

Chili time mid mountain:

D4ADCC42-4EDB-439A-A5C3-26813CEC6A1E.jpeg

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Spam fried rice. Fugging nasty. Egg and old rice omellet to be precise. Raw Onions for breaklunch is always a mistake.