Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I had a super busy weekend.
Saturday I had to do a site visit at 7am for my job, then I went and helped my friend who's building his house till 2pm. At about 5pm we headed out to check out a few places we were thinking of having our wedding at. Sunday I was up at 7am and out to the Dark Horse 40 do help out. I had a blast there and it's a shame some of you guys didn't come down to race. I rode about 10miles of the course after everybody had left, aside from the dust the course was super fast and well designed.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Stosh, I thought you were going to race in that event?

Back to work this morning after a week-long vacation at home. :stosh: Work blows. MBC and I did wind out our vacation week with a very nice MTB ride last night. :)

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Mornng all! Went out Friday night with the wife. Had a nice dinner at the local brewpub and then went to see the Hot Buttered Rum String Band play. Mmmmm....bluegrass! :thumb: Stayed out pretty late, and got pretty drunk. A fine evening for sure!! :D Worked all day Sat. and Sun.. Going riding tonight after work. :) Have a good day!

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Bolton was pretty good. Saturday the mountain was slick and wet as all hell and I had all I could do to slide my way down all day long. Guess thats how it is all the time though. Saturday night was quite amusing, especially when the guy who was supposed to be watching us was high and drunk and demanding that they hand him the chainsaw so that he could start the bon fire. :eek: Sunday was good as well, a little bit dryer and more managable. Good weekend overall.

Tonight I gotta change the oil in my car, then I get to build up my bike. Anyone ever installed a 10mm bolt on axle into an XT hub? If so, could you PM me instructions on how to do so.

edit: Oh yea, last week of work too. Man am I pumped. :)

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
morning all. Had a great weekend. Lots of riding and drinking all weekend. My new fork is working great. gotta get my bike into the shop so it'll be ready for the deck party this weekend. When are we getting the rest of the details on that treesaw?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning! Had a nice weekend at home getting ready for Deck Party. Started out with a MTB ride on Friday on my big bike...I haven't ridden it since May and decided to take it out for a spin. It made me realize that it's fun to go downhill on it, but it sucks to climb with it.

Stosh - you should've tried racing...it's really fun! :devil:

Hoping to get out with a newbie today for a little spin and I have to get a few groceries at the store. That is all.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Crazy Sweeper said:
morning all. Had a great weekend. Lots of riding and drinking all weekend. My new fork is working great. gotta get my bike into the shop so it'll be ready for the deck party this weekend. When are we getting the rest of the details on that treesaw?
Today I believe...Sq-Earl's double checking my direction so I don't get you all lost :sneaky:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
Morning Stosh!

Are those the trails we are goingto ride next week ?

BUsy weekend here. Friday Night we had some incrredible storms come through here ( see http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126940 ) Satruday I did 41 Road miles ,and Yesterday I did 103 Road miles.

Legs are tired today
Yep!!!

All the weeds are cut back so they are prime right now. Plus it's been dry so they weeds probably won't be growing back for the rest of the season.

I'm trying to ride a lot this week so I can be in better shape for when you come next week.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Had a decent weekend. Spent most of saturday getting stuff done around the house. Got some time saturday eve without the kids, so Renae and I went out for a quiet, non-chaotic dinner. Sunday morning I got up early and met my mason for a ride. Did about 35 easy road miles. Then pretty much wasted away the rest of the day.

I applied for a job at Cornell late Friday afternoon, we'll see how it goes.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Not a whole lot to report.

The wife was on call this weekend for the group homes she works for. Had a Emergency room call around 9pm Friday night for one of the residents and I basically didn't see her again until Sunday morning save for a phone call here and there. She was awake pretty much for two days, so she was a wreck when she got home. I took that opportunity to hit the mall for some tax-free shopping. Woo-hoo....cleaned up, yo. Lots of stuff for not a lot of money.

Saturday evening the dog and I went over to the lake my parents live on and hung out playing in the water for a few hours. He's got a little doggie-life preserver, and just loves how he doesn't have to put in any effort to stay afloat when I'm out there too. We just floated around the lake...........every now and then, we'd kinda exchange looks at each other like "This is the life, huh?" :p

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
I had a busy Saturday with activities all day. The family went to the crit on Saturday night downtown. Saw lots of folks I hadn't seen in awhile. No ride

Sunday not so busy, went for a MTB ride but was definately fatigued, which as been the case for the last week or so. Going to take the week off from riding and see if I can get recovered.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
This is my favorite pic from all weekend.

Apparently due to the size of this event approx 200+ racers plus spectators and support people they have to have some type of police presents at the race. So they had these weekend warriors come in and get to ride around on ATV's all day. This was the start of the event. Due the the slightly higher than average brain size of the police in my area these guys thought they would try to come down to watch the start. Little did they know they parked right in front of THE START. You can see in the distance the bikers running to get their bikes as the cops scramble to get out of the way. I've never seen cops move so fast.....

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
awesome weekend. took off friday and went to attitash w/ a guy i work with. we got there a bit later than i wanted (boxxer blown seals meant i put my monster T on in the morning; conway traffic is always a beeyotch) but we had a decent day's riding which had minor interruptions:

my fork spacers weren't quite right as compared to the boxxer so i couldn't get all the play out of the headset; couldn't fix it on the top of the mountain so the first run was a bit goofy because of that

steve had his QR fail open (luckily he wasn't doing a drop or going fast) and his front wheel left his bike. he banged up his side pretty well but it could have been a lot worse.

the thunderclouds moved in right at that point, and they closed the lifts for the day.

despite this, it totally beat a day at work. fun trails, although they are getting chewed. the erosion just in the last two weeks was very noticeable. got home and cooked up a tasty meal (check the food forum if you are interested).

sat was running errands. got the kid's hair cut, bought shoes and shin pads for Miles (soccer camp starts today), did a bit of house work. went swimming at a friend's house, did a ride in the neighborhood, had tasty meal #2.

sun was more of the same. was gonna go to the beach but i let the wife sleep in. did more riding (the kids were practicing riding their bikes on makeshift small ramps i put up in the driveway), some more organizing (finally got all my cds put away), some more swimming, then went to newburyport for a walk around and dinner.

excellent weekend!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
Not a whole lot to report.

The wife was on call this weekend for the group homes she works for. Had a Emergency room call around 9pm Friday night for one of the residents and I basically didn't see her again until Sunday morning save for a phone call here and there. She was awake pretty much for two days, so she was a wreck when she got home. I took that opportunity to hit the mall for some tax-free shopping. Woo-hoo....cleaned up, yo. Lots of stuff for not a lot of money.

Saturday evening the dog and I went over to the lake my parents live on and hung out playing in the water for a few hours. He's got a little doggie-life preserver, and just loves how he doesn't have to put in any effort to stay afloat when I'm out there too. We just floated around the lake...........every now and then, we'd kinda exchange looks at each other like "This is the life, huh?" :p
Do you dress your dog up too?

:D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Did the Mountain Momma Century Saturday. It was freaking brutal. I hung with the lead pack for the first 70 miles and even managed to set the pace up front for at least 10 miles of it when I had to stop and eat as everyone else sped away. I finished the ride with my friend Bob the Ringer. Rumour had the elevation gain at over 12,000 feet. Here is the rough map.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Morning monkeys,

Busy weekend here too. Flew home from Bermuda on Saturday, and all went smoothly. Got back to Highland Saturday night and crashed.

Yesterday we popped out for a solid diner breakfast and then went to pick up my Trek from Overlook MTB in Woodstock. Wow, what a job those guys did. New crank and BB, shifters, cassette, front derailleur, and I had them install a set of Juicy 7s for me as well. While they installed and tweaked, Beth and I rode a few different bikes. I took out a Coiler the first time while she took a Trek Pilot 2.1 roadie. Second trial was a Trek 2300 for me and a Trek 2100 for her. As much as I like the dualie, I think I'll be picking up a road bike to take those nice long jaunts in wine country around Seneca Falls. But I digress....

Took the Trek for a ride last night, and good god, it's like a completely different bike. Brakes that actually stop me, derailleurs that actually shift...wow. A little service and work goes a long way.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
the more the Merrier!!!

so what Night are we riding stosh ? Tuesday , wednesday or thursday ?
Do you want to ride more than one night?

:devil:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
Morning monkeys,

Busy weekend here too. Flew home from Bermuda on Saturday, and all went smoothly. Got back to Highland Saturday night and crashed.

Yesterday we popped out for a solid diner breakfast and then went to pick up my Trek from Overlook MTB in Woodstock. Wow, what a job those guys did. New crank and BB, shifters, cassette, front derailleur, and I had them install a set of Juicy 7s for me as well. While they installed and tweaked, Beth and I rode a few different bikes. I took out a Coiler the first time while she took a Trek Pilot 2.1 roadie. Second trial was a Trek 2300 for me and a Trek 2100 for her. As much as I like the dualie, I think I'll be picking up a road bike to take those nice long jaunts in wine country around Seneca Falls. But I digress....

Took the Trek for a ride last night, and good god, it's like a completely different bike. Brakes that actually stop me, derailleurs that actually shift...wow. A little service and work goes a long way.
Sweet man you went all out! Want to come down and ride this week?

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
stosh said:
Sweet man you went all out! Want to come down and ride this week?
Heh, see post at top of this page. ;)

I'm moving some stuff from my apartment to my house in Seneca Falls tomorrow, so I'm out for then. Wednesday work?

Incidentally, first impression of the new SRAM front derailleur is excellent. That is their new offering, is it not?

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
uhhhh, f'n yo mornin crew. well, i am on day 7 of a 7 day stretch here at the job. i am off for the next 3 days.

my roomate is gonna ge owned when she gets home.......i keep thinking about it and get mnore and more pissed.

other than that, i rode my bike for the first time in about 3 months the other day. not much really, just rode around town and hit some drops and jumps. it was fun.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
TreeSaw said:
Not sure...she hasn't called me back yet.
We've got a group going out at 6pm if she bails. Me, johnnyru, Haystack...should be a easy night, no racer boys, if you want to join us. :)