Quantcast

Good Riding around SF?

maryparadox

Chimp
May 28, 2004
Santa Cruz/San Francisco
Soooo, I just moved to SF from Santa Cruz and am trying to find out where there is good riding near the city. I usually go the SC on the weekends to ride, but have nowhere to go after work during the week. If anyone could tell me how to get to some good riding spots, or better yet wants someone to ride with, let me know! I'm more interested in DH than CC, but am not sure if there is anything like around. Marin? Pacifica?

p.s. Can anyone tell me how to add my own "avatar", the functionality doesn't seem to work for me.

Monkey
Feb 28, 2002
Vail CO
Step 1: Buy a heckler (you know you want one)
Step 2: Forget SF... shuttling Santa Cruz is where it's at.
Step 3: Avoid this guy at all costs.

Once I get home I'll show you around Marin.... there's some cool stuff up there.

maryparadox

Chimp
May 28, 2004
Santa Cruz/San Francisco
I AM buying a heckler, it's just a slow process when you are trying to get a good deal. My mom's boyfriend offered to BUY IT FOR ME (!!!) as a gift, but then he and my mom got in a fight so the whole thing is up in the air. Not that you should talk mr. my-new-bike-is-still-in-pieces after how many weeks? BTW, El Chimichanga is bailing out on us for shuttling this Saturday because he's going to the beach with a cute girl, so we'll have to figure something else out. I can't believe he would rather check out girls in bikinis than go ride with us!! Maybe I can change his mind if I offer to ride my bike in a bikini top (I'd be really sexy with road rash right?)

When are you coming back to Marin? Have you seriously made 916 post to this forum???!!! Jesus you guys...

maryparadox

Chimp
May 28, 2004
Santa Cruz/San Francisco
I would love to check out Pacifica, and I'm always down to meet more girls doing DH! I can get off work as early as 4pm, so if you don't mind me tagging along or meeting you there get in touch email: rafen at rafen dot org!

yay!

Monkey
Feb 28, 2002
Vail CO
Originally posted by maryparadox
Not that you should talk mr. my-new-bike-is-still-in-pieces after how many weeks?
Good point.

BTW, El Chimichanga is bailing out on us for shuttling this Saturday because he's going to the beach with a cute gir
That's sucks... almost as bad as the fact that it's raining right now (since when does it rain in late may?!)

Maybe I can change his mind if I offer to ride my bike in a bikini top
Honestly... I think you could.

When are you coming back to Marin?
I should be home by the second week of June at the latest.

Have you seriously made 916 post to this forum???!!! Jesus you guys...
Right now I should be writing a paper on postindustrial labor relations... never underestimate a college student's ability to procrastinate.

maryparadox

Chimp
May 28, 2004
Santa Cruz/San Francisco
It's raining!!?! Well, I guess that's Santa Cruz weather for you. Let's look on the bright side, at least the ground will be tacky :)

I guess we'll make a plan to go ride after the second week of June then. Are you going to be working?

ender

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
Now that's the Paul I remember =)

BTW, this is Frank.

I'll be down in SC next weekend. Will you be around?

May 3, 2004
Sanna Croooz
Originally posted by ender
Now that's the Paul I remember =)

BTW, this is Frank.

I'll be down in SC next weekend. Will you be around?
As in next weekend do you mean the next weekend that is going to happen, or do you mean, not this weekend, but a week from the weekend that is going to happen tomorrow?

ender

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
Paul, I know you really want to wear a bikini but, I'm against you wearing one. I couldn't handle the nightmares.

May 3, 2004
Sanna Croooz
Originally posted by ender
Dood, you were at BB? How did you do?
6th in expert 19-24

right behind 911...sonofabitch beat me by 3 secs or so.

Begin sarcasm... At least I didn't do as bad as this guy...

PS> Good Job Luc, you are a cool, cool guy. You should come ride at UCSC with us sometime.

ender

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
Good job dewd!

I'm suprised I didn't see y'all there. I suppose I need to step up to expert class.

ender

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
Whatever, I have a cool medal =)

I think I will step up to expert in the NS races so I can beat you.

Monkey
Feb 28, 2002
Vail CO
Originally posted by El_Chimichanga
right behind 911...sonofabitch beat me by 3 secs or so0
Ah yes... 3 glorious seconds. Don't worry though... standing on the podium at big bear was seriously the most anti-climactic moment of my life. I think one guy clapped... once.

The trails will be perfect tomorrow... if you go to the beach you better leave us your truck.

May 3, 2004
Sanna Croooz
Originally posted by 911
Ah yes... 3 glorious seconds. Don't worry though... standing on the podium at big bear was seriously the most anti-climactic moment of my life. I think one guy clapped... once.
I think that's prolly 'cause everyone was confused as to what place you got. "If that guy got fifth place, why is his podium so much taller than the guy in first place?":cool:

As for Luc, I will go and edit that post so you can SMELL the sarcasm in my voice.

May 3, 2004
Sanna Croooz
Originally posted by Acadian
Glad I was able to help you with your self esteem. Let me know what's the next race you plan on attnending..I'll make sure you beat me by a full minute next time.
Hey, in all seriousness I'm just happy that I was able to beat a Canadian at riding bikes. :cool:

Check the UCSC trails posts dude, you should seriously come over the hill some time for the weekend...

WE shuttle all day then have a killer BBQ and it's all good fun. Plus you'd be able to have an excuse to take the WRX on Hwy 9 or 17 and some fun backroads in Felton.

maryparadox

Chimp
May 28, 2004
Santa Cruz/San Francisco
Originally posted by El_Chimichanga
WE shuttle all day then have a killer BBQ and it's all good fun.
What, now you want to shuttle? Whereas the last two weekends shuttling was too boring and not enough exercise? I see, you'll shuttle if someone new comes but not for your regular friends. :)p

May 3, 2004
Sanna Croooz
Originally posted by maryparadox
What, now you want to shuttle? Whereas the last two weekends shuttling was too boring and not enough exercise? I see, you'll shuttle if someone new comes but not for your regular friends. :)p
:rolleyes:

Oh, come on now! Don't try to guilt trip me. You had fun! Too much shuttling makes you get lazy anyway. It's good to take the V10 out for a little xc every once in a while.