Quantcast

~~Good Saturday Ride~~

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Saturday, our gang of six rode Grayville (Hebron, CT). Awesome place to ride. Lots of natural play stuff along with log rides, bridges, and rocks galore. We were out for three hours. The weather could not have been much nicer.

Early in the ride we came across this skull. A deer, perhaps?

Ed thought it would make a good hat.

Here's Ed on a long set of planks. This had to be a good 40 yards of planks. He cleared it all.

and tonyhawk was not to be outdone.

MBC uses some body english.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Seems like around every turn at this place there was a bridge. Here's MBC.

with Charlene (BullitGrrl) right behind.

I was showing off my mad skills here by landing on my ass on this log ride. I got lucky I didn't crush my nuts. My ass is kind of sore today though.

Success on my 2nd attempt! (Ed nailed this his first try.)

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Lots of rocks in this place. This is MBC.

Charlene getting some air! This is a real nice drop...nice and smooth.

Chip the trail dog n00b! This was Chip's first time on an MTB ride. He did great. Poor guy got real tuckered out though near the end of the ride. His owner (Dean...non-monkey) lead the ride.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Charlene...another bridge.

Ed on a log. Ed's got some real good balancing skills.

Last pic...Ed goes up some rocks.

I'm feeling it today. On top of falling on my ass in the pic above, I went OTB twice. Not my most graceful of rides, but a blast nonetheless. :)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
That is a great place for post ride eats and beers - but is it really only 10 miles from Hebron? Either way - worth the trip. Maybe we should do a Mansfield Hollow loop sometime with someone who knows their way around those trails (not super technical, but still fun and good post ride burgers and beers).

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
worth the trip into Willimantic. Good beer, good onion soup, good wings, good burgers, and good flatbread style pizzas. Friendly waitresses and bartenders too - and good atmosphere.

Two thumbs up from the MMcG clan.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I deleted my last post...Yahoo maps started us from the Hebron town center (intersection of routes 66 and 85). So actually, it's probably like 12 miles from the trailhead.