Quantcast

Good thing no one called me about that ride today.....

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
The theme of the day was who can break what?

We left from my house, and ON THE WAY to Belle Island, Seth got a flat. We fixed that. got to Belle, on the climb to the upper loop, Scott breaks a spoke. In the middle of the upper loop, an uprooted tree root finds its way into Seth's rear wheel, between the derailure and spokes. Do the big hill at the front, at the jump at the bottom, Seth's deraiure slams into his wheel, and gets all KINDS of messed up. The chain somehow found its way BEHIND the cassette, and there is no way to get it off without taking off the cassette. Seth called his rommate, and left. Scott borrowed my spoke tool to somewhat true his rim, and at the beginning of the southside bridge, says he cant go on. His rim was rubbing, and it was just a bad idea. He turned around to go home.

Now its just me

I rode Buttermilk, and Buttermilk West, and on the way back, my Sram powerlink busts open. I have no idea what happened. luckily, both pieces were still connected to the chain, I fixed it, and went on.

We made it 3 miles in an hour because we kept stopping, and then I did 10 miles in a bit over an hour.

Great ride for me, not so good for the others :(