Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
TreeSaw said:
Good morning! I have SO much energy this morning....not sure where it's coming from though :think: Today should be a pretty easy day...a large portion of my kids are on a field trip this afternoon so I can get some photocopying done. Afterschool, my co-workers are having a baby shower for me so that will be fun. Then, it's off to home I go to spin on the stationary bike again! Last night I got in 30 minutes and it felt GREAT!!! I am really missing riding my own bike, but am VERY lucky to still be able to spin and feel great. After my ride it was a nice relaxing shower, tasty dinner and reading my sweetie a book in her room while rocking myself to sleep. Full moon this weekend so some people are predicting a baby in my future ;)

Baby countdown: 17 days!
Spinning 30 minutes... 17 days before delivery... Treesaw - you are my new hero... :love:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
narlus said:
havings lots of babysitters lined up is key; we don't have any immediate family near-by for much of the year, so we kinda had limited 'free time' options.

it's hard to predict how things will go as everyone's situation is different, but best of luck w/ everything!
THANK YOU!!!! My family (two sisters who are VERY excited to be Aunts and actually may steal my child away; 2 eager grandmothers--1 is 40 minutes away and the other is 4 hours away; and SEVERAL very eager friends and neighbors) is really excited and have already determined their schedules around spending time with the baby :help: It also helps that we have a ton of friends who ride and that way we can take turns riding too!

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
stosh said:
No and you're not to mention anything to Aubrey either. I'm having it shipped to my office... :)

It will be a truly stealth bike!!
Ok, but how are you going to hide a bike from her?

I'm only saying this because I know you, but hiding things from one another (esp. a fiance) might cause a little hurt and resentment at this stage in the game.

But, for the sake of our friendship, consider my lips sealed.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
Ok, but how are you going to hide a bike from her?

I'm only saying this because I know you, but hiding things from one another (esp. a fiance) might cause a little hurt and resentment at this stage in the game.

But, for the sake of our friendship, consider my lips sealed.
I'm not going to hide it from her. I just haven't told her about it yet. I will probably tell her by the weekend though.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
BussaFrame said:
You'll be fine with a 130 on there Treesaw. We had a small in our shop, it comes with a vanilla 130 stock. There won't be any problems with it being raked out, although I do agree on looking at a fork with some sort of travel adjustment feature.

Also, enjoy the SS frame. I loved it. Now if I can only get my bikes togethor for the upcoming year:help:
Thanks...I have tossed around getting a Talas instead so that could be an option.

I am REALLY looking forward to riding the SS frame and still can't thank you enough :thumb: I'll definitely get some pics up once I decide on a fork for it ;)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
question of the day:

come Monday, will Stosh be completely ball-less?
I'll tell her when Rob and Beth are over so there is less of a chance of castration.

BussaFrame

Monkey
Apr 19, 2005
TreeSaw said:
Thanks...I have tossed around getting a Talas instead so that could be an option.

I am REALLY looking forward to riding the SS frame and still can't thank you enough :thumb: I'll definitely get some pics up once I decide on a fork for it ;)
Sweet. I'm sure you like it. I ran a vanilla R dropped down to 100mm. It worked out really well for me, It slowed the steering down just enough IMO.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
BussaFrame said:
Sweet. I'm sure you like it. I ran a vanilla R dropped down to 100mm. It worked out really well for me, It slowed the steering down just enough IMO.
Did you ever fall trying to bunny hop over a fallen tree with it?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
TreeSaw said:

I'm lost here - what frame did you end up getting Treesaw?

BussaFrame

Monkey
Apr 19, 2005
Nope, I only did that in Thorpe on the prophet. I did however fall trying to cross over a log descending once.

I'm not sure if that was a shot at my riding skills or an actual question.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
one thing I forgot to mention in my initial GMT post... renae's BMW (leased) went back yesterday, so we are back down to 1 car payment. Hopefully that will free up some cash and give us a bit more breathing room. We've got a lot of traveling planned for the new few months... having a little spare cash would be nice.

BussaFrame

Monkey
Apr 19, 2005
MMcG said:
I'm lost here - what frame did you end up getting Treesaw?
She is talking about getting a Talas for her 575. She is picking out a fork for her SS. At least thats where I am at with that discussion.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
BussaFrame said:
She is talking about getting a Talas for her 575. She is picking out a fork for her SS. At least thats where I am at with that discussion.
yep - apparently she got the SS frame (same frame as the one stosh is getting) from bussa... and possibly a bucket of parts too???

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
BussaFrame said:
Nope, I only did that in Thorpe on the prophet. I did however fall trying to cross over a log descending once.

I'm not sure if that was a shot at my riding skills or an actual question.
I was just kidding around!!!

:)

I was sitting there with my 1st of 2 flats when you fell.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
BussaFrame said:
Why did you sell the zion frame to her? It was an EBB though right?

BussaFrame

Monkey
Apr 19, 2005
Hahaha, I just wanted to make sure I was on the same page. You might have actually had a question. Still sucked I went over at that point, I'm going to clear that next time I'm up there.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
jacksonpt said:
one thing I forgot to mention in my initial GMT post... renae's BMW (leased) went back yesterday, so we are back down to 1 car payment. Hopefully that will free up some cash and give us a bit more breathing room. We've got a lot of traveling planned for the new few months... having a little spare cash would be nice.
well that sounds good to get rid of the beemer (what model? they are nice vehicles but too spendy for my budget, even w/ my brother's family deal). did you end up selling yr house yet?

BussaFrame

Monkey
Apr 19, 2005
stosh said:
Why did you sell the zion frame to her? It was an EBB though right?
Yeah, I wasn't using it. And yes it was an EBB, definately a nice feature to have if you are going to SS. A tensioner will always work too though.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
narlus said:
well that sounds good to get rid of the beemer (what model? they are nice vehicles but too spendy for my budget, even w/ my brother's family deal). did you end up selling yr house yet?
it was an 03 325xi (all wheel drive). She loved it, was very sad to see it go. I thought it was a nice drive, but a bit overrated and overpriced.

No, we haven't sold the house yet. Everything pretty much got put on hold with the holidays and is just now starting to pick back up. The winter has been very mild, so heating bills have been less than we were expecting, even with the increases in propane prices. At this point, we are in better shape than we expected to be in financially, and worse shape than we expected with our builder (house still isn't done, no CO), so we are thinking about grinding it out and keeping the house if it doesn't sell for close to our asking price.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
BussaFrame said:
Yeah, I wasn't using it. And yes it was an EBB, definately a nice feature to have if you are going to SS. A tensioner will always work too though.
Were you happy with the frame for the most part?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Mackie said:
Awesome. Again, I'm glad for you.
Best wishes with all of this stuff.
Thanks a lot!

I hope it goes well.

I wish I were in a much better financial situation to be doing this in because once I formally move in Laura will lose her alimony money and what I contributed in rent will go to supplement or offset that and the amount is actually more than my monthly rent is, but I'll do my best to make everything work out for us.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
stosh said:
Maybe if you had a working pump it would have been faster.
I could have swore the person with the flat should use his own pump :).

besides i think i must have broke it while i was sitting on the road waiting for SOMEONE to come back from getting their helmet :blah:

BussaFrame

Monkey
Apr 19, 2005
stosh said:
Were you happy with the frame for the most part?
Yeah, I liked everything alot. Like someone said earlier the tire clearence in the back is kind of limited, I wouldn't try to go any larger than a 2.1. Other than that it rode well, and wasn't as jarring as my Kona is on the trails.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
I could have swore the person with the flat should use his own pump :).

besides i think i must have broke it while i was sitting on the road waiting for SOMEONE to come back from getting their helmet :blah:
Man... that was embarrising.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
BussaFrame said:
Yeah, I liked everything alot. Like someone said earlier the tire clearence in the back is kind of limited, I wouldn't try to go any larger than a 2.1. Other than that it rode well, and wasn't as jarring as my Kona is on the trails.
Well I'm looking forward to the build.
The brake bosses aren't removeable are they?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
Man... that was embarrising.
but just think about it... if you had remembered it, you would have ended up waiting at teh trailhead after your ride for whoever it was (CrazySweaper???) to come back with the beer. As it was, you rode off the trail and the beer was there waiting for you.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
but just think about it... if you had remembered it, you would have ended up waiting at teh trailhead after your ride for whoever it was (CrazySweaper???) to come back with the beer. As it was, you rode off the trail and the beer was there waiting for you.
Oh man... that was totally awesome!!