Quantcast

////Good Thursday Morning\\\\

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
Morning all. Looks like another nice day here in the Mid Hudson Valley. Went and saw the local baseball team Hudson Valley Renegades last night. They lost 2-1. I guess when you are affiliated with the Devil Rays, you can't help but lose.

Today is travel day and I spend the next 2 weeks in California and Utah. We also have another family looking at the house today.

Have a good one!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning! Wife and I went for a road ride last night...our usual post-work quick loop. 21 miles and my bike computer showed a 16.9 MPH average. For me, that is rocket speed. Right now is the strongest I've felt on a bike.

My work computer won't boot so I am using someone else's. I got a blue screen that says "STOP. INACCESSIBLE BOOT DRIVE." So now I've got to wait for a Help Desk nerd to come look at it.

MTB after work tonight!

MBC bought me a casual Friday shirt on teh SAC this morning. w00t!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all. Cake decorating today and then packing for the weekend. We've got to stay home one of these weekends :think: Tonight my brother is coming over to celebrate his birthday (it's not until Saturday) so we should be having a few beers and chillin' Tomorrow we're going to Canada to ride, drink and otherwise be merry :D

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!

Busy day after work yesterday in order to get to the fun. Stopped by the grocery store and picked up stuff for dinner---big ole shrimp and some mahi-mahi with grilled corn and a greek salad. Yummy. Got home and got everything prepped and ready to go. Got a coat of poly on my cedar bench, played with Colin for a bit to keep him happy and then reassembled my drivetrain. All of this in just a little over an hour in order to be able to get by Nice Guy Mike's house for some dirt jumping so Justine wouldn't be pissed when she got home because she had to get dinner together........pretty smart of me, I think. :brows:

When I got over to Nice Guy Mike's house it looked like there was a block party going on!! There was a huge crowd, and we had a fantastic time. I was riding kind of sketchy, but didn't hurt anything, but I sure as heck didn't look too good doing it. By the time it got dark and the lights came on, everyone was bushed but I kept riding---trying to find some sort of grace in the air that had been eluding me all night. Over and over, as soon as I got to the top, I didn't wait--I just turned around and kept going back down. Things finally started to click just about the time I had to get going. I like to think it was because of my persistence.....but in all honesty, it was probably bacause I was on my 4th or 5th cold top and was getting a bit loose. :bonk:

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
morning all

got woken up by my two dogs jumping on my bed and mauling me pretty much. not much planned for the day, just going to run some errands this morning.

tonight i've got another pick up lacrosse game so i'm looking forward to that.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
So how did you do?
5th or 6th, I think...I wasnt aggresive enough at the start and at the 1st singletrack I got stuck behind a crash/then another person bobble-ing. So the stupid fast peeps had a big gap, I was slowly catching/picking off riders ech lap, then on the last lap I had another guys wheel and even had the spot picked out to make the pass, then my chain dropped...twice, I still chased when we came out of the woods...hit 27 doing so, I was suprised I could get that speed out of a 1x9...but damn did that effort filled the legs with lactic acid.

but more importantly we stopped for beers and the open face roast beef samwich special (and watched the tour) on the way home!

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning all! Good night last night. Went dishwasher shopping and picked out this beauty...

Also having a new washer/dryer delivered today as well as having our granite countertops installed. I really should get some new pics up for you guys. Things are really coming along! Maybe I'll snap some tonight. Other than that, I've got a road ride planned for this evening.

Have a great day people! :)

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
5th or 6th, I think...I wasnt aggresive enough at the start and at the 1st singletrack I got stuck behind a crash/then another person bobble-ing. So the stupid fast peeps had a big gap, I was slowly catching/picking off riders ech lap, then on the last lap I had another guys wheel and even had the spot picked out to make the pass, then my chain dropped...twice, I still chased when we came out of the woods...hit 27 doing so, I was suprised I could get that speed out of a 1x9...but damn did that effort filled the legs with lactic acid.

7th (all these guys normally kick my ass - Terry and Bryna are PRO's)

500 Jeff 00:54:59
481 Terry 00:56:08
479 Kit 00:57:38
473 J 00:58:38
496 Jimmy 00:59:21
489 James 01:01:21
478 Douglas 01:01:36
483 Bryna 01:03:10
497 Chet 01:03:50
484 Steve 01:05:03
420 Gerry 01:05:20
481 Jason 01:09:15

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Got my frame last night. Pretty red XCE. Tore it all down for a solid cleaning before I reassemble, loctite and torque everything. The shock needs to have its bushings replaced, as does my fork, and the headset needs to be pressed in, so it looks like I will be making a trip to the LBS at some point to get that taken care of.

Went for another run last night. Personal best 1.8 miles in 13:50. Perhaps I will get in another run tonight before dinner. I'm making chicken caesar pasta salad with quesadillas. Should be good.

Anyone have a black, 27.2mm x 410mm thomson seatpost they want to get rid of?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Got my frame last night. Pretty red XCE. Tore it all down for a solid cleaning before I reassemble, loctite and torque everything. The shock needs to have its bushings replaced, as does my fork, and the headset needs to be pressed in, so it looks like I will be making a trip to the LBS at some point to get that taken care of.
Pics?? Oh yeah, I've already seen that frame! :biggrin:

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Yo all. Baby dr. visits, changing & feeding dominated the day yesterday - it's all one big learning experience. 1st diaper rash/prescription for Ewan, who turns 1 week old today!I got out for an hour in the driveway on my 'ghetto rigged jumps' and played around doing (or more like attempting) some rollbacks, etc.

Today = bugging the health insurance to find out why Ewan hasn't been added on, getting to ride the Pine Bush some time in the heat (yeah!, on my bike!)

I suck at pic posting, so here is the lil' one!

Attachments

2gunnz

Monkey
Feb 9, 2007
Ft. Lewis
YEA!!!! I love thursdays, because every thursday morning on of the civilians brings in a huge box of doughnuts for the shop. The only thing better then a doughnut is a free doughnut!

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
sweet, play it again sports rocks! found a brand new pair of lacrosse gloves that are usually like $140 for only $40.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Had a good WNR last night, trails were flawless after the rain- like riding on rails and no dust! Even though it was a death march and the humidity was ungodly high for here it was a great time. In fact, I was so stoked from riding last night that I commuted 26 miles one way into work today on the hardtail. Now if I can just make that distance back home tonight on the gradual uphill...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Yo all. Baby dr. visits, changing & feeding dominated the day yesterday - it's all one big learning experience. 1st diaper rash/prescription for Ewan, who turns 1 week old today!I got out for an hour in the driveway on my 'ghetto rigged jumps' and played around doing (or more like attempting) some rollbacks, etc.

Today = bugging the health insurance to find out why Ewan hasn't been added on, getting to ride the Pine Bush some time in the heat (yeah!, on my bike!)

I suck at pic posting, so here is the lil' one!
Great pic!
HOw long are you off for?