Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody?

Well we have no more coffee left here which sucks.... so I'm using left over grinds in the coffee maker, I'll let ya know how it comes out..... :(

Anyway had a great ride yesterday except I got a tick on my leg :( pulled that focker off right quick. Man they are strong buggers. Oh and I also broke a spoke.

If I replace the spoke how do I tension it properly?

Have a great day everybody!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Mornin :stosh:

Ticks suck (except for the big blue kind on TV)! They can stay alive for quite some time too! Last summer I pulled one off Squirrel and he put it in a jar to show off and it lived for quite a while! (weird yes, but you gotta consider the source).

Leaving early today for a dental cleaning (yeah me). But, that also means I can get a nice long XC ride in tonight!!!! :thumb: Now I just have to decide where to ride!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by TreeSaw
Mornin :stosh:

Ticks suck (except for the big blue kind on TV)! They can stay alive for quite some time too! Last summer I pulled one off Squirrel and he put it in a jar to show off and it lived for quite a while! (weird yes, but you gotta consider the source).

Leaving early today for a dental cleaning (yeah me). But, that also means I can get a nice long XC ride in tonight!!!! :thumb: Now I just have to decide where to ride!
I put it in a jar in the fridge with a wet cotton ball. My mom is a tick expert and says they can live for 6months in there.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by Westy
:confused:

Ha, just that she's been pulling them off us since we were kids and has done a lot of research and reading about Lyme disease because it's a real threat around here.

J

JRB

Yo

I got a tick at the race in Waco and the little bastard nearly never healed. That coffee is gonna suck.

splat

Nam I am
I hate ticks!

We have a big Tick problem with it around here. after every ride you have to do a tick check. I have already found on this year ( had not attached yet)

ALso Tonight , Meeting up with IAB , he has some sort of buisness confrence about 5 minutes from my office so we are doing an After work ride.

then Tommorow , both Babs and I are taking the Day off and Going to ride The Rayburn Trail. ( a very nice Trail, it is only one trail that was made mt bikers for Mt bikers , 12 Miles of tight twisty single track loop)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by loco-gringo
Yo

I got a tick at the race in Waco and the little bastard nearly never healed. That coffee is gonna suck.

The coffee scores a 45 out of 100 but it's better than not having any which would score a 0 !!!!

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Good morning everyone!

I have never seen a tick, and I have no desire too...blech! :) Both of my cats get their monthly flea/tick medicine so the outdoor one doesn't bring any home with her.

I had an awesome ride with Evilbob last night...we flew through Tiger mountain! :) And I pedaled wayyy too much of the way up on my Single Speed.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by splat
I hate ticks!

We have a big Tick problem with it around here. after every ride you have to do a tick check. I have already found on this year ( had not attached yet)

then Tommorow , both Babs and I are taking the Day off and Going to ride The Rayburn Trail. ( a very nice Trail, it is only one trail that was made mt bikers for Mt bikers , 12 Miles of tight twisty single track loop)

Well Lyme disease originated in Lyme CT I think... or one of thoes New England States.

Sounds like a fun trail. I'm pretty sick of the horse poop and the dirt bike rutts where I ride. Although I feel they are needed evils.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by Rip
Morning :stosh:

It 's just going to be a long old boring day, and it is beautiful out.

I was thinking the same thing this morning.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by Jr_Bullit
Good morning everyone!

I have never seen a tick, and I have no desire too...blech! :) Both of my cats get their monthly flea/tick medicine so the outdoor one doesn't bring any home with her.

I had an awesome ride with Evilbob last night...we flew through Tiger mountain! :) And I pedaled wayyy too much of the way up on my Single Speed.

Nice! I'm so sick of my damn gears...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by Rip
At least you have the choice to ride after work.

When I originally started my reply to you I was going to say that it must suck to not be able to go out and ride... but I stopped....

So you really think you can't make it to Monkey Fest? You should come and just camp.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Originally posted by stosh
Well we have no more coffee left here which sucks.... so I'm using left over grinds in the coffee maker, I'll let ya know how it comes out..... :(

that is far worse than putting honey in your coffee. you need to bring your own.

we leave today for the race. im excited. been running around trying to get all my school work caught up so im not behind. presession is a bitch. its only 2.5 weeks of class so missing one class is like missing a real week of school. been riding my bike every day. its an awesome way to start my day.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by TreeSaw
:eek: There are supposed to be a lot of ticks around this year too!

I think they sould make a hybrid Cicada that eats them.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by laura
that is far worse than putting honey in your coffee. you need to bring your own.

we leave today for the race. im excited. been running around trying to get all my school work caught up so im not behind. presession is a bitch. its only 2.5 weeks of class so missing one class is like missing a real week of school. been riding my bike every day. its an awesome way to start my day.

Don't knock it till you've tried it.
Actually when in a pinch the coffee aint that bad.

Good luck at the race!

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Nice! I'm so sick of my damn gears...
Yeah...SS' are super nice to take care of and run quietly over most terrain. I love my little bike...but I'm considering letting her go to a rider that will actually jump her. May have an in on a decent XC bike, a little more appropriate for my style of riding since I rarely jump more than a few feet at a shot and never hang out at the dirt jumps...which is what she was built to do.

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
.... so I'm using left over grinds in the coffee maker, I'll let ya know how it comes out..... :(

Well, I'm damn tired today, but at least my situation is not as bad as all that.
Actually, it's pretty good.

Got in to work at 6:45 - threw some Porto Rico Coffee french columbian into the Grind n' Brew, and started working....

made a 10 cup pot and I'm here alone today.....My name is Mackie...and I'm a coffeeholic.:D

Anyway, being in early means I'll be out early...I can see my bike from my desk.....I'll hit Sprain Ridge right after work.....:D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by Mackie
Well, I'm damn tired today, but at least my situation is not as bad as all that.
Actually, it's pretty good.

Got in to work at 6:45 - threw some Porto Rico Coffee french columbian into the Grind n' Brew, and started working....

made a 10 cup pot and I'm here alone today.....My name is Mackie...and I'm a coffeeholic.:D

Anyway, being in early means I'll be out early...I can see my bike from my desk.....I'll hit Sprain Ridge right after work.....:D

Where in NY do you live?
Damn you have a nice coffee machine at your place of employment.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by Jr_Bullit
Yeah...SS' are super nice to take care of and run quietly over most terrain. I love my little bike...but I'm considering letting her go to a rider that will actually jump her. May have an in on a decent XC bike, a little more appropriate for my style of riding since I rarely jump more than a few feet at a shot and never hang out at the dirt jumps...which is what she was built to do.
'

I'm a wuss though, I could never hang with a DH bike.

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
Where in NY do you live?
Damn you have a nice coffee machine at your place of employment.
Deep in the heart of Brooklyn!

I work in the Boogie Down Bronx though, so Sprain is an easy trip.

Used to live/work in Wetschester, so I rode Blue & Ghrams and all of those places.

I'll PM you if I ever get up to Stewart. As we spoke about in another thread, I used to live in Po-vegas, and rode Stewart many years ago......

Oh, and the Grind n' Brew is essential....bought it myelf, as they actually expect us to pay for that shltty Flavia coffee here - 25 cents a cup!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by Mackie
Deep in the heart of Brooklyn!

I work in the Boogie Down Bronx though, so Sprain is an easy trip.

Used to live/work in Wetschester, so I rode Blue & Ghrams and all of those places.

I'll PM you if I ever get up to Stewart. As we spoke about in another thread, I used to live in Po-vegas, and rode Stewart many years ago......

Oh, and the Grind n' Brew is essential....bought it myelf, as they actually expect us to pay for that shltty Flavia coffee here - 25 cents a cup!

Ok I thought we spoke a while back about where you lived but I couldn't quite remember. I know Tom Chuch rides at Ghram and blue a lot. If you're ever up that way.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
YO

I have the day off but I'm stuck home waiting for the water metter dudes & the somebody from the pool place to fix the filter.........which means chores & yard work :rolleyes:

My non :monkey: friend & I did the 1st wednesday training race at Dalton last night..........it felt good when a bunch of the "2 lap catagory" crew smiled when they noticed we moved up, but wasn't so nice to get our arses kicked that bad by the big boys!!

The race was painful but fun

we went out after, got home at 4:00am

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by douglas
YO

I have the day off but I'm stuck home waiting for the water metter dudes & the somebody from the pool place to fix the filter.........which means chores & yard work :rolleyes:

My non :monkey: friend & I did the 1st wednesday training race at Dalton last night..........it felt good when a bunch of the "2 lap catagory" crew smiled when they noticed we moved up, but wasn't so nice to get our arses kicked that bad by the big boys!!

The race was painful but fun

we went out after, got home at 4:00am
At first I thought damn you're at work and you were out at 4am but then I remember way back when in your post you said you had the day off which would also explain your tardy'ness in the GMT.

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
good morning all. had a great ride last night, and just had to share this pic of crash test doing a road gap:

plan is to go back with the V10 and do the higher one past it.

oh yeah, ticks do suck. found one last week that had been crawling around on my leg for hours, but luckily had not bitten me.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Originally posted by tonyhawk
good morning all. had a great ride last night, and just had to share this pic of crash test doing a road gap:

oh yeah, ticks do suck. found one last week that had been crawling around on my leg for hours, but luckily had not bitten me.
A belated good morning Monkeys! I was attending meetings earlier. Man some people can be so unprofessional and get paid so well for it - really sucks!

Where was that photo taken Mr. Hawk??? Dayum!

Did you hit it too?

I rode urban in Simsbury last night - good times.

But somehow I hurt my back a little, but not from riding, from getting changed to go riding. :( Tylenol is helping a little bit but not a lot.

Cheers,

Mark

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY

Nice pic!

Ticks give me the willies!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by MMcG
A belated good morning Monkeys! I was attending meetings earlier. Man some people can be so unprofessional and get paid so well for it - really sucks!

Did you hit it too?

But somehow I hurt my back a little, but not from riding, from getting changed to go riding. :( Tylenol is helping a little bit but not a lot.

Cheers,

Mark

My lower back started killing me on my ride yesterday. I did however did some exploring on trails I hadn't been on in years. It felt nice to ride some new trails where I ride. Me and my lady are heading back in on Saturday moring. I'm pretty psyched about that.

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT

Did you hit it too?

Cheers,

Mark
Its at Nassahegon in Burlington. I did not try it, but also did not write it off - it looks doable. Bridge is 6' tall, over the road, steep transition on the other side.

Hope the back feels better...

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
Nice pic!

Ticks give me the willies!!
They're pretty creepy, being blood-suckers and all. Luckily this was a wood tick and not a deer tick - no lyme disease.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Its at Nassahegon in Burlington. I did not try it, but also did not write it off - it looks doable. Bridge is 6' tall, over the road, steep transition on the other side.

Dude, my dad is going to be in Burlington on and off all summer. He said on the weekends we can have his hotel room.

Edit, WRONG STATE

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut

Nassahegon - yet another much talked about riding spot in this great state of ours that I've yet to hit.

Care to give a tour sometime Mark?? :)

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
Nassahegon - yet another much talked about riding spot in this great state of ours that I've yet to hit.

Care to give a tour sometime Mark?? :)
Not yet - this was only my second ride there.