Quantcast

Good Urban Frames

.dan.

Chimp
Jul 19, 2004
I have a carbon-fibre frame, and i hear that it is not great for urban/trial like riding. I was wondering, what are some good makes for this kind of riding?

Chutney

Monkey
Jul 27, 2003
Tacoma, Wa
Im assuming that since you posted this in the trials forum you want a trials frame that you can also ride urban on.

Under that assumption (yeah, a$$ of you and me :rolleyes: ) I would say that a good bet would be a Planet X. If you put a short suspention fork on a PX Zebdi you will have a nice urban trials rig. Im sure there are other frames like the Zebdi, but I cant think of any off hand.

Definitely, a carbon fibre corss country frame will not do well under trials or urban abuse. If you are just learning trials, it may be better to find a small, 15" or so, aluminum frame for cheap, though if you are already putting a lot of abuse on it you might want to consider something else (I know I beat my urban set up pretty hard when I was just starting to learn - so unsmooth).

Hope this helps a little anyway,
Jonathan

.dan.

Chimp
Jul 19, 2004
I was thinking I wanted more of an urban frame i just didn't find an urban forum so i resorted to this trials forum. I'm just starting out.....so i was just getting some input on what frames are good for future reference. I think my frame will be fine....for now anyways. Thanks.

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
dude, check out Identiti. The dr. jekyll is a sick frame, retail price of 400 bucks. super strong. I've had one for a year and its held up to several big drops to flat. I've done a 6.5 foot drop to flat several times, as well as clearing a 15 stairset and landing on flat. Its held up to whilster downhill. The biggest drop I've done on it has been 12' to trany, I know it would hold up to more, but Its me that I'm worried about, not the bike. And at only 6 pounds, it not too heavy. One of my friends has one to and he's a pretty big guy. Right now i have a 2002 super t up front, so it can definatly take a long travel fork and work well with it. my friend has a z150 on his. If you live in the seattle area and want to test ride it, i work at BikeSport in ballard, just give me a call there at 206-706-4700 and lets try to figure out a time where you could come down and give it a test ride.

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
here's a pic with old stuf. I now have a 2002 super t, halo combat/sas(rear) wheelset laced up to diatech hubs. race face north shores, and its single speed thanks to the adjustable dropouts.