Quantcast

Goosberry Mesa

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News
Spent a few days playing in southern Utah last week. Got to experience the goodness that is Goosberry Mesa. Even a crappy too-small rental bike couldn't take away from how much fun this place is to ride.

And the views aren't bad either.

Snaking along the edge. No right turn, clyde. And hurry up, I think those clouds are following us.

Atomic Dog and is radioactive warning signal helmet

Thread the needle

Peeking through the sandstone

And finally, not from Goosberry, but a neat shot of a fun trail outside of Cedar City, UT.

~Matt

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I love Gooseberry and everything around there. Last time I was there, I was driving to the east coast last year...now that I'm back west, I need to visit again. I've been maybe 4 times now, and it never ever fails to be an amazing trip. I assume you rode Brian Head? Blowhard? Blowhard is probably my favorite-ever trail...shuttled it 3x in one day several years ago on an amazing fall day, and camped at the base of Dark Hollow for 4 days total, riding everything around. Completely epic.

Er, yeah, so I'm jealous. Great photos!

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News
Mike,

Unfortunately we didn't have time to hit Brian Head, or much else for that matter. We didn't have a lot of time riding and Goosberry was at the top of the list of places to ride. I definitely wasn't disappointed.

Our ride was cut a bit short due to a couple mechanicals, but it was still an amazing ride.

My sister-in-law only lives about 75 minutes away from there, and 45 minutes from Brian Head, so we're definitely going to be doing a lot more exploring of the area.

Tmeyer

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
SLC
I miss riding in the west, it just started snowing here in VT a few minutes ago, thanks for the pics........