Quantcast

Got a camera and these are my first pics.

organizedrage

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
Dublin, CA
did you make any adjustments on the second one?
the sky looks super saturated.
i dig the composition.
great first pics.
what camera?
I did a little something with the color when i edited it but not much. that is what the sky looked like for the most part

its a nikon d40

erastusboy

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
The first one is the best just bump up the saturation in the sky. (if you have photoshop you can even duplicate the layer then colorize it to pop the warms and cools and put it as a 15% overlay)

This is a quick tweak i did in ps using the above technique.

and crop probably all of them. maybe just a bit, make sure nothing is too close to the edge, but the tighter the better usually.

Attachments

organizedrage

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
Dublin, CA
The first one is the best just bump up the saturation in the sky. (if you have photoshop you can even duplicate the layer then colorize it to pop the warms and cools and put it as a 15% overlay)

This is a quick tweak i did in ps using the above technique.

and crop probably all of them. maybe just a bit, make sure nothing is too close to the edge, but the tighter the better usually.
I like it alot!!! How much is photoshop?

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
An edu version of PS cs3 from a school is $300. The regular version is more like $600. The gimp does the basic things photoshop does, but is free. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GIMP

The reasons the third one isn't so good is because the angle of the photo and flash (on camera) are just boring. You should probably get an off camera flash setup if you really get into photography. Though, I've seen some pretty good stuff done with a built in flash.

ie (2 photos by david waugh):

Look at photos in magazines to get ideas for composition (the arrangement of the subject and stuff in pics).