Quantcast

Got arrested last night.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Got nailed with some 26-a possesion of marijuana and parifinalia last night. One of the kids in my grade shot my car up with some paint balls, and i got pulled over for it. The cops were dicks as usual and called in six backup cars...yes, six. They looked in my windows and i turned everything over for them and insisted that i had no paintball guns in my car. Then, they asked me to get out. I got out and locked my car and told them that i didnt concent to any searches. Then the cop just went inside and laughed. Found my piece, a scale and a gram of dank. Arrested

I have to go to court next week and have no idea what to expect. I have a feeling that my car was searched illegally but that is just me speculating (im sure cops allways find a way to get in 'legally') Any one else been in this boat before?

edit: My friends car had two loaded semi automatic paintball guns in it, and they let them go. Justice didnt seem to fit in last night.

Frorider1

Monkey
Apr 28, 2006
Dude that blows, usually the cops ask to search your car and if you say no they just make up a reason to search, so either way you would have been f*cked. Next time dont carry around the chronic and a gun in your car!

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
There were no guns in my car.

And being on a bike has not helped me in the past. I got stoped this summer by two cop cars under some bogus charge of not having lights on my bike. (i was on the bike path) I didnt have anything on me, but they ran my ID, searched me and then tried to convice me that i stole my downhill bike.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
As much as I think you are a moron for having a pipe and dope in your vehicle (honestly, are you borderline retarded?), you probably have a pretty good case for illegal search. Unless of course something suspicious was in plain view. Ie: they can make anything up here and you are screwed. They will probably just say they smelled the dope on you, that is perfectly valid.

Enjoy!

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I understood gun too. I'm such a square...

You can put someone's eye out with a paintball gun you know...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
As much as I think you are a moron for having a pipe and dope in your vehicle (honestly, are you borderline retarded?), you probably have a pretty good case for illegal search. Unless of course something suspicious was in plain view. Ie: they can make anything up here and you are screwed. They will probably just say they smelled the dope on you, that is perfectly valid.

Enjoy!
Yep. Tell your ol' man to break out the checkbook and spend a wad of money on a good lawyer. It'll probably be worth it in the long run. :cheers:

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru

Enjoy!
didnt he mentioned he had a scale?
i´d think that´s the worse liability in there (combined with the fact there was some weed). how much did you really have in therE?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Wait, it's illegal to have a paintball gun in your car?
no, the cops thought he was having paintball gun fights with another CAR while DRIVING. That's reckless driving and really, if it's not witnessed, then the cops shouldn't assume it. Damn profiling :D

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
piece=pipe

Bummer on the arrest.
Never carry your goods in the car, carry on your person and let 'em search the car....and find nothing.
NEVER carry a scale unless you absolutely have to. That is gonna make your gram of weed, look like you were distributing, bad news.
Be courteous even if the cop is an ass (most are), it makes all the difference.
Get a lawyer now, because you'll need it.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
form what you are saying , it sure appears the police didn't have probable cause. On the other hand they might have a tip ot information you aren't privy to.....yet. In any case it's something to bring up with a lawyer, before you go to court or discuss the matter with any other person.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Anyways, i was hoping to find out how much this is going to cost me, but the people on this forum are more concerned with putting me down than offering advice. Yes, i ****ed up, no ****. That doesnt mean that you morons have any right to comment on this like your **** dont stink.

If this helps, im under 18 and this is my first real criminal offense.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Anyways, i was hoping to find out how much this is going to cost me, but the people on this forum are more concerned with putting me down than offering advice. Yes, i ****ed up, no ****. That doesnt mean that you morons have any right to comment on this like your **** dont stink.

If this helps, im under 18 and this is my first real criminal offense.
Dude - it's gonna cost a $hitload of money. Consider it money well spent.

Good luck on avoiding the clink.

Frorider1

Monkey
Apr 28, 2006
Dude, get a lawyer, pay as much as its going to cost(or you have), it willl be worth it in the long run.

jvp108

king of the road
Mar 21, 2006
filthadelphia
That "illegal search" thing is bs, you watch too much Law and Order. In real life, cops will search you for whatever reason they see fit. They'll write the report to include things you or they did not say. Now we're not talking about OJ here, this is for your everyday punk kid who did in fact have something illegal in their car.

How many innocent people pull the "illegal search" line? I'm not saying it's right, but when it comes down to it, it's your word against theirs...guess who wins? i'll give you a hint ...he's wearing a uniform.

That said, lawyers cost a lot and suck because they may or may not know the local loopholes that get you 40 hours of community service. It will cost a few grand, the charge will be "posession of a small amount" and it's not that serious. Just show up to court looking respectable and you'll be fine.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Now is the time to go up to your mom and thank her profusely for the fact that she had procreative sex with a white man 9 months before you were born, btw...

Get thee to a lawyer...one better than Lionel Hutz.

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
Found my piece, a scale and a gram of dank. Arrested
edit: My friends car had two loaded semi automatic paintball guns in it, and they let them go. Justice didnt seem to fit in last night.
So your friend has a legal paintpall gun and you have illegal drugs and you say that justice didn't fit.

Sorry man – if you get caught with drugs I have no sympathy for you.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Are you guys stoned?

A. he had no gun, paint or otherwise.
2. totally unwarranted search.
#. weed should be legal... but not for minorities or minors.
he said he had a "piece" - I thought that meant a gun. I have no patience for or tollerance of drugs.