Quantcast

Got me some hopes!

yellowfox

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
Akron OH
I bought a set of used m4's and put them on my rig last night. The rear one was a pain to mount but i found out it was because my wheel was sitting to far forward in the horizontal drop out. No biggie. I gave it a little test run around outside and can already tell the modulation is 127865876435 times better than the hayes i was running. Now we'll see how they do on the race saturday. So far i likes em!

yellowfox

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
Akron OH
Originally posted by WestCoastHucker
i just picked up a set of lightly used DH04's. man i forgot how sexy these things were.....
glad i'm not the only one that feels that way. i can stand and stare at them for hours i think...

dlb

Monkey
Apr 15, 2004
socal
Not hijacking here, just sharing the love, Im a new Hope junkie, currently components on my bike:
1. Mono M4 front brake
2. Mono Mini rear brake
3. "Big un's little brother" rear hub
4. QR seat colar
5. Spot, resident in my tool box

and soon a matching 20mm TA front hub

Said all that to say that Hope rules! can I have my wife back now Brian?

:D

yellowfox

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
Akron OH
dlb said:
Not hijacking here, just sharing the love, Im a new Hope junkie, currently components on my bike:
1. Mono M4 front brake
2. Mono Mini rear brake
3. "Big un's little brother" rear hub
4. QR seat colar
5. Spot, resident in my tool box

and soon a matching 20mm TA front hub

Said all that to say that Hope rules! can I have my wife back now Brian?

:D
I'm rollin hope hubs on my rig too. Hope bulb in the front and a sport in the rear. I love em but my friends hate the rear hub since the freewheel part is super loud. I actually like the clicking.

FlashBullit

Monkey
Dec 19, 2003
ThePirk said:
Sure you should talk to my friend Flash about his maguras :rolleyes:
Yeah i got magura ill trade for hopes. magura brakes ALOT ( they fall apart ) :nuts:

Yeah they are the best. :rolleyes:

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
FlashBullit said:
Yeah i got magura ill trade for hopes. magura brakes ALOT ( they fall apart ) :nuts:

Yeah they are the best. :rolleyes:
Maybe I needed to use more smilies, I just wanted to get Brian and VV the resident Hope Nazis riled up. They both got it. ;) For the record I have no opinion on magura brakes other than some bonehead singlespeed offroadie in a shop tried to convince me to buy a custom single speed with maguras for about 10 times my budget when I was really looking for a BMX. He said the new ones with 6 pots are uber progressive, whatever that means? Some sales people just don't know when to stop pushing for a commission and make a sale.