Quantcast

Gravity Dropper- feedback?

pbr

Chimp
Aug 18, 2003
San Francisco
I'm seriously considering ordering one up today. However, I've only hear positive things about the product. Has anyone used it and been unhappy with the product?

On their (unimpressive)site there is a video that shows the product in use. I saw a lot of play with the nose of the saddle moving around. I've tried suspension posts in the past, and that play drives me nuts. It feels like my saddle is slipping all the time.

Anyone? I'd like to hear the good and the bad. I'm looking at the model with the 4" & the bar operated switch. It's going to go on a 05 Specialized Enduro Pro, for trail, light freeride, and Super D use.

LA!

Chimp
Jul 8, 2004
california, maryland
The Gravity Dropper works!! I used it for the U.S. Nationals and won the pro event for the super-D. Only practiced on it for about 2 minutes the day before...
Definitely recommended
-Marla

pbr

Chimp
Aug 18, 2003
San Francisco
It had better work. It's hard to rationalize a $200 seat post. Besides, how do I know you're not getting paid to say that? hmm?

mgy

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
Morrison
The Gravity Dropper is a really great product! I had a Hite-Rite back in the day and I am amazed at how often I use it in a ride. Having the switch on the bar is great allowing you to lower the post anytime you want (not just for long descents).

pbr

Chimp
Aug 18, 2003
San Francisco
I was concerned about the play I saw on the video clip, but after I spoke with Wayne at Gravity Dropper, I'm not too worried about it. I should have mine before Downiville...

Duzitall

Monkey
Jun 20, 2004
San Diego
I saw Mark Weir's new Nomad with one. Looked like the hot setup to me. I'm gonna try one on my new bike which will prolly be a Nomad also.

Wrong forum to post your question in by the way.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I talked to Weir and he loves it. I think technical decending requires lowering of the seatpost, and you get it at only a 1/2 lb penalty.

If you ride only smooth courses, don't bother. But if you need to take the hard line or a jump to clear obstacles, lowering your post is essential.

pbr

Chimp
Aug 18, 2003
San Francisco
guess I didn't look very carefully.. Where exactly is a product discussion thread supposed to go?

I have the seat post and used it yesterday. It's a great product.

Free-Nando

Chimp
Jan 9, 2004
I´ve been using it for two months on my Ellsworth Id and makes a big change in control of the bike on descents and tricky terrain, lowering your riding position. Makes your riding safer and much more fun. It´s a must!!

kellybike

Chimp
Mar 12, 2005
NorCal
I used like to make fun of products like this, than I actually got to try one. I tried the cheaper version, it just had a spring-loaded pull knob to release the seat verses the bar mounted remote lever, and it worked just like it was supposed to.
No more stopping to lower the seat with a wrench or QR or running the seat just a little lower in case there is some tough DH stuff on the trail.
Just pull...drop...and go... then pull raise and go, No stopping or slowing down.
Why didn't I think of something like this.. :angry: