Quantcast

Gravity East, Launch Bike park GES course preview

olddogbmxer

Monkey
Aug 9, 2007
WRONG -rider wasn't trying to ride the course at speed and wasn't riding all the features/sections that will be on the course.Being able to race this
course fast will require careful line choices which will be quite varied.
The last section of the course which will be completed this week will be quite fast with a nice kicker/jump at the end.
Quite a few people were up there riding on Saturday for the first time and had a lot of good comments about the course and all the other freeride trails that are there. They have done a hell of a job there in one year considering the vertical they have to work with. Yea small, narly , a good time and within a short driving time for alot of peolpe - not much more you can ask for.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Yeah they should remove the rocks and roots and make it just like Willingen.:rolleyes:
i guess youve been there? oh wait, you havent
plenty of other mountains actually have trails that flow yet still have tons of rocks on them....but i guess you already knew that.

cbarth

Chimp
Sep 2, 2011
The GES course at Launch is indeed a different kind of race course than the other GES courses. It will require you to have the skill to find and ride the fast line, if you do there is plenty of "flow". The course is not particularly flat by any means and you'll find yourself on your brakes if you don't have some balls.

There were several riders up this past weekend test riding a version of the course and all had positive things to say. There will be 3 jumps added to the course that are not yet done so there is more to come in the next week. Times are coming in around 2 minutes.

Sep 8, 2011
This course has steeper rock gardens than any gravity east course this year. Be prepared for big drops and steep rocks. If the trail feels slow get off the brakes. It's gonna be a great race!!!