Quantcast

Great wheel builder's in NYC?

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
Down cycles is a great shop and run by a cool guy, but I'm looking not to travel. I don't have a car. I might as welll go to NJ if I go to Down.

A little help puleez. I've not a lot of free time lately.

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
bump.

ok, got it all built up for her. she's yet to ride it much yet though - tis spring now, finally. I'll get her on it.

Originally posted by biggins
hey man howd that gary fisher work out?

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
Originally posted by spincrazy
Need a good recommendation. Having some trail wheels built.
I've had some good experiences at Bay Ridge Bikes, in Brooklyn.
The mechanics seem to know what they are doing, and they cater a bit to the freeride/Platty crowd, so they must be able to build them strong.

Good luck.

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
bay ridge is damn good. if by chance that doesn't work out, check with bicycle habitat on lafayette or sid's on 34th, both in manhattan.

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
Originally posted by chromegoddess
bay ridge is damn good. if by chance that doesn't work out, check with bicycle habitat on lafayette or sid's on 34th, both in manhattan.
Hmmm. Habitat never has what I want, even if it's just brake housing. :rolleyes: Just imagined Sid's would charge me a calf and a forearm...

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
oh well. hopefully bay ridge will hook you up. BR and DOWN are my fave shops within an hour from manhooty.

good luck.

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
oh well. hopefully bay ridge will hook you up. BR and DOWN are my fave shops within an hour from manhooty.

good luck.
Hoping so. Down is way cool. I blew out my ACL randomly riding with AJ @ Blue Mt on the trail he built this time last year. Change must be in the air.... Before moving to NYC I was riding with Freak in WA and broke my collarbone. Lots of changes since shortly thereafter, good changes.

edit: Where in the city are you? I'm in the East Village. I've seen you race once last year I think. Saw lots of pink Intenses anyway.....you girls are so famous. ;)

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Originally posted by spincrazy
Hoping so. Down is way cool. I blew out my ACL randomly riding with AJ @ Blue Mt on the trail he built this time last year. Change must be in the air.... Before moving to NYC I was riding with Freak in WA and broke my collarbone. Lots of changes since shortly thereafter, good changes.

edit: Where in the city are you? I'm in the East Village. I've seen you race once last year I think. Saw lots of pink Intenses anyway.....you girls are so famous. ;)
I'm not one of the famous ones. New to the team and not nearly the drop queens that Karen and Alexis are. They're a blast to ride with, even when they're kicking my arse. They're from Boston. I'm Manhattan/upper west side. You did the ACL last year? or recently. Hope it's healing well.

t

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
I'm not one of the famous ones. New to the team and not nearly the drop queens that Karen and Alexis are. They're a blast to ride with, even when they're kicking my arse. They're from Boston. I'm Manhattan/upper west side. You did the ACL last year? or recently. Hope it's healing well.

t
The famous ones. :D. I did my acl in around this time last year, yeah. Had it repaired in July. Going strong now. No more f ups for me from now on or I'm out.:( Anyone on a pink Intense is famous round these parts, especially women. See you on the mountain or somewhere or something.:monkey: