Quantcast

Greenlake Dirt Jumps

Feb 25, 2005
seattle, wa
I rode by there the other day and noticed some fences near the jumps. Is everything ok? Are they still ridable? If the rain holds offI was thinking of heading down there after work (around 5:30 or 6:00) if anyone wants to join me.

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
the fence has been there for a few weeks, but I think its just because trucks go down the road sometimes for the construction of the skatepark(?). the jumps are certainly rideable and open. i would ride today but I have a 6:30 chem lab:rant:

sixgun_sound

Monkey
Sep 24, 2007
Yakima, WA
The jumps are still ridable, but in related news, the new lights for the soccer field don't provide enough light to ride at night. Bummer.

We should organize a work day there.

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
its tough to work on those jumps due to the type of "dirt" they used. the best you can do is chip stuff away, packing anything new in is impossible. that said, i'm down to help fo sho.

Feb 25, 2005
seattle, wa
The jumps are still ridable, but in related news, the new lights for the soccer field don't provide enough light to ride at night. Bummer.

We should organize a work day there.
Yeah, someone told me that last night.
I remember BITD someone shimmied up one of the light poles and turned one of the lights around to shine on the jumps. Pure genius!

jumping_jesus

Monkey
Jan 23, 2006
in your mind
if you want to have a work party there you need to get in touch with gary for he is the guy who takes care of those trails i know he would love the help for sure

sixgun_sound

Monkey
Sep 24, 2007
Yakima, WA
Yeah, I know who Gary is... He basically tought me how to ride there when I was a kid. He's got lots of cool stories and lives one block from there. He knows everything about the goings on at the park, too. You just kind of have to be there when he rolls through.

The guy with the chain from hell is Pete. I don't think he's on the forums.

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
Yeah, I know who Gary is... He basically tought me how to ride there when I was a kid. He's got lots of cool stories and lives one block from there. He knows everything about the goings on at the park, too. You just kind of have to be there when he rolls through.

The guy with the chain from hell is Pete. I don't think he's on the forums.
oh ok. did he ever get that fixed that day?

sixgun_sound

Monkey
Sep 24, 2007
Yakima, WA
I was there yesterday and this kid Billy had the combo for the box. He filled in the hole on the very first landing, and I helped him fill in the hole right on top of the last takeoff. It's hard to keep a shovel in your hand and stay off the bike when it's getting dark. I'll be down there today too.

sixgun_sound

Monkey
Sep 24, 2007
Yakima, WA
Update:
I've ridden there at night twice now. It feels too dark, but once you're hitting the jumps, there is enough light. I think there is some kids' soccer practice tuesdays and thursdays, so count on the lights being on then.

I wonder if there is an online schedule for that soccer field?

sixgun_sound

Monkey
Sep 24, 2007
Yakima, WA
Where are the big jumps with lights on them? Fill me in. Soon it will be dark out when I get off work. So, I think it's cool that we're able to ride there at night.

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
does anybody have any idea why the first step up in the left (woods) line was dug into? i rode there yesterday and it was clear that somebody didn't want people riding it.

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
it looks like the landing is being rebuilt, but i had the same q. Also, who the eff dug a hole into the backside of the last berm?

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
i actually talked to the guy that did it today. he said he dug into the lip because they are slowly bringing in wheelbarrow-loads of dirt in and will start work when it rains. they are going to make the jumps a little bigger and reshape them i guess. should be sweet.

jodysbike

wheel man
Oct 11, 2001
Dune
Ha! Greenlake. I remember helping to form and pack the very first jump in that spot over 10 years ago. It's been a long time. Someone say hi to Gary for me. Jody Ott