Quantcast

>>>Grindstone Montag GMT<<<

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
weekend was too effing short
2018 horse show season kicks off this weekend, which means my last long work grind of 2017 . My next day off work will be Nov 11. But then no more horse shows until late January YAY I am so ready for that break

Had a great weekend riding , hiking and BBQing though

Off to short bus land, oh joy

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Sore after cutting up all the wood that came with the house. Ordering the wood burning stove today so we can some nice heat through the house. Build to order so unfortunately 4 weeks until its installed.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Exposure to toxic vapors all weekend, too much gin and cats wrestling last night == ugh! morning. I've tried to make it a little better with a nice stroll along the Boston harbor on my way to the office. Now coffee and 8 hours behind the desk.

Tea, anyone?

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

A sprinkly rain kind of morning....just enough to make e'rebody cray on the highway. We've been about 2 months without any significant rain, so everything is super dry and dusty. My sinuses had all it could take, and went haywire this weekend - leaving me with one of the worst congestion pressure headaches a human could possibly stand without drilling a hole in my skull to relieve the pain. It was like a thousand Kirstie Allie's standing on my forehead.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Spent Some time on Saturday blowing all the leaves of some of my favorite trails. Nice family hike, but with a leaf blower. My wife understands that shit has to grip.
Rode freshly blown trails Sunday and had a serious amount of fun. Some out of town friends came up and we did laps. 4k of up and down in 19 miles. Wish I could do it again today, but I must work.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Beautiful weekend! Took the SSCX out on the singletrack on Sunday. Ended up with 8 more miles than planned as I backtracked looking for everything that had fallen out of my saddle bag, including my car key. Hard to be angry about extra miles on a gorgeous fall day.

Got two rides in plus a good trail work session this weekend. Wrapping up our new trail with some slight realignment and rock work:
Looks good! Camp Mack?

Last edited:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
One day when I am feeling extra evil, will microwave tuna for breakfast
I used to work with a guy named Lou Zhang, who would regularly open a full can of sardines in oil, dump them on a bowl of rice, and microwave them in a small lunchroom.

Many an afternoon I did not like Lou Zhang.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hit the dismiss button instead of snooze on the alarm this morning. Oops, but not going to complain about the extra hour of sleep.

:banana:

It seems to be fantastically warm out, again. I think I will have to ride tonight, rain or shine.

Note to self: don't leave work on Friday with 800 open tabs and other windows. Opening the laptop on a Monday morning with all that bullcrap already open isn't the most motivating thing to start with.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
This was a good weekend. Unseasonably warm weather, and dry. It was also my son’s seventh birthday weekend. I expected him to be really excited and bratty, but it did not happen that way. It was really nice.

We kicked things off on Friday night with a pizza dinner with my brother and his family. The kids rode their bikes outside after dinner, it was nice. Saturday, the day of his birthday, we went for a big hike and explored a waterfall. Then I took the youngest out for his first mountain bike ride. Then the oldest chose to have dinner at the Indian restaurant, and we ate on the patio. Sunday was the birthday party with his friends. He started at a new school this year, but only invited friends from his old school. He really misses them. They had fun at an “escape manor”, then we headed to a park for pizza, cake and piñata. He was is a state of bliss when we got home. That was awesome to see.

Then I was able to go for a really awesome bike ride with a few buddies. It’s the same trail I’ve done three time this week, but it doesn’t matter, caus’ the conditions are so good, and I was feeling strong. Capped it off with a really good beer in the parking lot. @canadmos, have you tried the Wellington Upside IPA? Really really good.

Last edited:

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Post-work Friday leaf shred was glorious, even with one of Shelob's ilk plopping down on my bike hat mid-jumpline run (even the local arachnids are getting into Autumn regalia)

Saturday, took kiddo to trampoline and climbing "Fun Park". They also had laser tag, and true to form, you know who couldn't hit shit (Hint - not the kid with blonde hair)...

Then went on a hike and climbed some east coast rox

Tried to get my daughter to eat this pre-Halloween treat, but she declined...weirdo

Sunday, took kiddo to the (fucking) State Fair, but at least this provided some modicum of amusement (may be a RM Secret Santa gift)

Finished off last night with a solo dark-30 push bike cruise, which was great until the very end when my (fucking) puppy buddy decided to cool off in abjectly fetid ditch water....had to throw away 2 car blankets...he didn't seem to care, and in fact, appeared quite satisfied with himself

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello, friends. I was up early this morning for a swim. I always shower before getting into the pool but there was no hot water this morning and I'm ain't taking a freezing cold shower. FTS.

I am feeling little to no soreness after my run yesterday, which pleases me greatly. I hammered out almost 20 miles at a 7:16 avg pace. I finished my run and thought "What the fuck just happened!?" That's easily the best long run I've ever had and that includes my nine marathons. My next one is in five weeks and if I get good weather I am going to clobber my best time.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
I see blue skies! (Smiling at me) Many child parties this weekend. We had a family walk with the pup in the woods yesterday, and it never ceases to amaze me that she has just gotten cuter and a better personality the older she gets.

Grocery shopping day, and we're out of everything, so whew! Going to try to hit the store super quick so I can hit the trails before I go to the interview! Here's hoping this would be a good fit all around...:weee:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Perhaps something I have experienced throughout my life and haven't noticed or it may be a PNW thing, but I increasingly seem to come into contact with people who talk incessantly but are completely incapable of assembling a coherent thought.

Anyway one of the folks in my office who suffers one of the worst cases of oral dysentery is rambling on about something possibly car related. I think he is trying to say Volvo but continuously keeps saying volva. I could be wrong about the car thing, perhaps he is interested in expensive canadian prostitutes and was looking at high end volvas over the weekend.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
kid woke up too many times saturday night. did a yoga class in the AM w/ the wife (the ymca where she goes has daycare on site, so both kids were well tended to). i managed to do a headstand even if i cheated and balanced against the wall when i was up. came home, lunch, then rode while they napped. met some locals and was shown the new stuff (berms need larger radius but otherwise acceptable). took a digger into a jagger patch and landed hip first on a branch, that bruise is still forming. came home, cleaned up and took the kids to a local greenhouse which has "mumm mountain" ie a bunch of flowers on a hill. kinda cool and they seemed to enjoy it. made fried rice for dinner. sore today from yoga / riding combo, but in a good way.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

I am le Old. Spent 8 hours in a crap plastic chair in training on Friday, woke up Saturday with my back locked up tight. Couple of tens sessions, hanging, stretching, trying ANYTHING to get it to pop back into place. Wife is sick of hearing me bitch and since we reached our out of pocket max, she wants me to get an MRI and see what the hell is going on.

I have lost a majority of the weight I gained when I started this job, but I am not in much better physical shape. I need to put effort into it and it is tougher than it used to be.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Holy crap im tired
This. Spent all day yesterday packing the garage and basement. I have a lot of stuff that needed moving back and forth to get access to other stuff. I also apparently have 10 milk crates worth of liquids that I cannot put into a closed box with the move. I was not aware of that despite knowing that I had a lot. Garage is now at probably 85-90% packed, just the misc tools and such that I might need access to as I break down the rest of the house. I have until Sunday to get everything packed for the movers.

Still trying to wrap my head around Haley's bff's mom dying yesterday morning.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Good weekend. Typical october one. Hiking, farmers market, beers, music but then capped it off with trying to dial it back with a girl who is taking things too deep too soon. :/