Quantcast

gtfu monday thread

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Ugh, fuck moving. Got like 98% of our stuff moved in, but the house is a wreck. Gonna have to work on that today.

At least the baby slept through the night no problemo in her new nursery. The dogs on the other hand were a nervous wreck and demanded an emergency poo ASAP.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Boys seem ready to bike to school today. We'll see how that goes. Oldest got his cast off a week and a half ago, which is what held us up this long. Hopefully he'll be ready to ride trail soon too.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Happy Monday LOL! I swam 3000 yards this morning, which is 60 laps. Around lap 40, the poop urgency slowly began to build. Around lap 55 I began to doubt I'd make it 60 laps. I got through 60 laps and had to dart to the men's room. :monkey:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here.

Happy Monday LOL! I swam 3000 yards this morning, which is 60 laps. Around lap 40, the poop urgency slowly began to build. Around lap 55 I began to doubt I'd make it 60 laps. I got through 60 laps and had to dart to the men's room. :monkey:
Nothing quite like wet body poop...

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana

We have two interns starting today. I really hope I can have very little interaction with them.

Really have no reason for not riding my moto more. Maybe I’ll try to do more this week. Damn that was fun.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Happy Monday ya fuggers...78 years ago today our fathers and grandfathers stormed the Normandy beaches to finish off an evil empire.

Are we worthy of their service and sacrifice?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Got up at 5yay em and rode my bike. Doing intervals on a hilly route is a challenge, for realz. And it was friggin cold as heck (49) after being pretty nice for a couple of weeks. So yeah, got that going for me.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
@Toshi you on the cart this morning or still amongst us?

Work, which sucks. Followed by t-storms this afternoon and again tomorrow...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
present. no desire whatsoever to work today, either at home or the office.

son's last week of school. they are apparently doing early dismissals starting tomorrow.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
78 years ago today our fathers and grandfathers stormed the Normandy beaches to finish off an evil empire.
i found out one of my great uncle's was part of that after he passed. he didn't like to talk about it, i didn't even know he was in the service.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

We have two interns starting today. I really hope I can have very little interaction with them.

Really have no reason for not riding my moto more. Maybe I’ll try to do more this week. Damn that was fun.
We get interns once or twice a year. Lately its been a 50/50 draw of whether they actually provide any benefit, there have been a few recently who put pretty much minimal effort into the job and learning...or even showing up.

I love the extra help, but god damn onboarding them and knowing they'll be gone in 4 or 8 months is a chore. Good thing we have some well groomed juniors and n00bs to help with that now. :)

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Happy Monday ya fuggers...78 years ago today our fathers and grandfathers stormed the Normandy beaches to finish off an evil empire.

Aye

If anyone has the chance to go, go. I went to the beaches when I was a dumb teenager and the visions of the still standing bunkers, bullet holes in buildings, the cemeteries and the cliffs (which are huge and never really portrayed well, anywhere) have never left my mind.

Same for visiting Vimy Ridge. Its a beautiful area, with a beautiful memorial but then you see the horror of the trenches and the ground that looks like a golf ball from all the shelling - and that's after 100 years of weathering. :(

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Aye

If anyone has the chance to go, go. I went to the beaches when I was a dumb teenager and the visions of the still standing bunkers, bullet holes in buildings, the cemeteries and the cliffs (which are huge and never really portrayed well, anywhere) have never left my mind.

Same for visiting Vimy Ridge. Its a beautiful area, with a beautiful memorial but then you see the horror of the trenches and the ground that looks like a golf ball from all the shelling - and that's after 100 years of weathering. :(
reminded me of this

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
back in the office . . . prep for a final committee meeting of the year this afternoon, and working on some writing that's also due today. otherwise, transporting kids around and somewhat le tired.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I've probably told this story before, but up till December 2021, my mom lived in Normandy, in her parents home. It was in the Falaise area, where the "Falaise Pocket" of Operation Overlord occured.

One time my little brother was having a hard time lighting the fire in the wood stove, so he used gas or something as an "accelerant". It blew up the chimney and cracked the wall in which it ran. When the insurance adjuster came, he asked where the wood came from that we used, and we explained it was from the orchard in our fields. Those trees had been around during the war. I guess that there's enough unexploded ordinance in trees and such that these sorts of events are still occurring fairly regularly and insurance adjusters know to look for it. seems crazy to me.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Road trip this weekend up to Maine for a family wedding thing. Ugh. Won't be able to ride - bringing running stuff.

Today is getting Casa Scrub set for away time, an oil/filter change and some brake work done on the Scrubmobile.

While that's happening...

1654533187470202865573520218861.jpg

Am getting my Aqualung on.

Main and cabin air filters, cleaning car out for the trip, getting the roof box on and the back half ready for the pooch at home later. She does not like the car. Especially for long trips. So I fold the back seats down and more or less let her have the entire back half of the car. And dope her up with Benadryl for the 6 hour drive.

Thus the need for the roof Box and carrying stuff on the hitch rack as well.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

I put the Super T up on ebay and it already has a bid at $50. That's already $30 more than I anticipated getting for it and there is a week left. :rofl:

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
I love mondays.... Somehow got roped into a conversation with Legal regarding torque specs. Other than that should be a pretty simple week. Have technical assessments of 2 potential technicians on Wednesday. I hope those go well because that will make my life significantly easier. Fingers crossed!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Morning Monkeys.

I put the Super T up on ebay and it already has a bid at $50. That's already $30 more than I anticipated getting for it and there is a week left. :rofl:
Post it to the vintage dh facebook page.

If you don't have fb send me the ebay link and I'll post it for you

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I just spent $778 on DH season passes. That price hurts.

edit: $389 each for wifey and I. Just hunted through emails and my 2008 Diablo season pass was $289, so not horrific. @stoney or @Toshi can I get $289 adjusted for inflation since 2008 to now please?

edit2:
Screenshot 2022-06-06 120206.jpg

notbadobama.jpg

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Did not get to ride yesterday. Instead I broke in a new grill/smoker and cooked some pork chops. Nom, nom, nom.

Now to throw some weight on my back and wander around in the woods for a while.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I on purposed a Lyrik at lunch today. There was no accidental about, actually used my wife’s card as I left my wallet on my desk.
Did your wife accidentally one of the brand new ones or an older one which is completely unrideable now?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

my grandfather was close to mother russia in the aleutian islands....taking pictures of native people on polar bear/seal hunt...

Screenshot_20220606-164248_Instagram.jpg

and oddly enough my dad was staioned in alaska during the vietnam war...

Last edited: