Quantcast

><>< GTM ride in the rain Sunday <><><

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Got me out on the bike despite rain and wind. First half was fairly dry but the ride home got soggy but at least there was a good tailwind.

Denmark gets a lot more rain than New York well totals are similar but here its more of a drizzle like the UK. I have to start improving the waterproofness of my riding gear. I think first up will be waterproof shoes. Looking at Shimano MW7

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

After several hours of sweating, cursing, some blood, dish soap, and baby powder, I got the new tire on my rear motorcycle wheel. Filled it with air and it immediately started leaking. I am not saving enough money doing it myself to put up with that bullshit, so I guess I'm taking the wheels in to have them done properly.

If my internetz do not deceive me, I believe @Full Trucker and the Bug crew have finished the entirety of The Baja 1000, which is pretty rad.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Got me out on the bike despite rain and wind. First half was fairly dry but the ride home got soggy but at least there was a good tailwind.

Denmark gets a lot more rain than New York well totals are similar but here its more of a drizzle like the UK. I have to start improving the waterproofness of my riding gear. I think first up will be waterproof shoes. Looking at Shimano MW7

I've got the lake mx145 and have been very happy with them. I've ridden in pouring rain and my feet were plenty dry.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
up early to drive Ruth and her horse over to a riding clinic with an international judge for a one hour private lesson. I get to drive schlep and film. Did I mention that its 37* out? Down Jacket time. Picking up the turkey afterwards. If I get lucky I will get in an afternoon ride in the dirt

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I wish the weather would just make up its mind and either start snowing or keep fall rolling. Yesterday was 6c and raining. Today it's -1c and snowing. Back to rain later this week, apparently.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Gigantor win. Owner at old house texted me and asked me if I wanted my car wheel racks that he took in the sale. They cost me over $150 and 2.5 hours each to make, so I fought hard to keep them. I had them mounted 8ft up, so you had to lift wheels almost 10ft up to get them in. He's too short and not strong enough to lift the wheels up. FTW.

Also here. Not going back to work until the 30th. Fuck yeah.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Tasty Chinese food in belly. Now awaiting Colorado Symphony to begin, with kids at home with a babysitter.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Saturday rehearsal got canceled. Spent the night changing bass strings on my StingRay, and adjusting intonation. Doing another intonation adjustment, now. Stupid weather changes effecting my strings, along with general aging.

Also wondering, in dong-shed films where the dude's filmed finish is clearly staged and faked, what's the protocol for wrapping up the day? Is he just left to handle it as he sees fit? Or, is it professional courtesy for the actress, or other crew member to allow an off camera completion? I'm sure there's no hard rule on this, but there's probably some commonlyl expected code of conduct.

Mr. Hotdog to the pink courtesy phone, please.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Rode bikes with some new folks today. Was worried I'd be the slow guy, but one was a plus bike other was 27.5 hardtail, we were all pretty evenly matched. Good folks, will ride and share beers again.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Meh Sunday here. I guess that's what you get when you go to bed at 3AM, then have a not-so-great brunch and a bunch of small chores. Plus its cold and super windy so no ride for me today. :homer:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
A little pre-ride Gnome activities were in order today. Took the Rogue Hoe to some small roots that are springing up creating pedal catchers. Did it so that no one will notice and say, "Ooo, someone cut those evil roots, now I can chop all the big ones out that make my Hoo-Hoo hurt". Leave no trace as they say.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
did not go for a ride which is probably a good thing because my knees feel like crap after yesterdays headwind grind. Did horse stuff with the wife in the morning then came home and swapped out the outside garage lights with motion sensing LED fixtures then did some yard work. Indian Food for dinner.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Mexico City Hotdogs. I had no idea that was a thing. They were fucking delicious. Modelo's and football are my new thing. Tequila Bacon Bloody Marys also. Our host just fried up some bacon and served it on a platter with apples oranges and salty cheese. Drunk posting while waiting for the Bongshed... i still have some good skateboard skills. I did not suck like my friends... I still have a decent board... I am hoping my buddy breaks up with his girlfriend like he claims he is going to do. We really hit it off today. I know that sounds awful. But I have a crush on her and nothing I can do about that....

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
A little pre-ride Gnome activities were in order today. Took the Rogue Hoe to some small roots that are springing up creating pedal catchers. Did it so that no one will notice and say, "Ooo, someone cut those evil roots, now I can chop all the big ones out that make my Hoo-Hoo hurt". Leave no trace as they say.

Cut the roots you can't ride, bitch about the people who cut the rest.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Cut the roots you can't ride, bitch about the people who cut the rest.
I rarely cut roots out of a trail. The main reason I took these very ridable roots out is so that someone else won't come along and destroy the rest of the roots. This feature is basically a spine switchback around a deep depression. The center or original line is eroded and has some 3" high roots that must be too much of a challenge because a line around them has developed. I like the roots and I want them to stay. So I took out the obvious ones that draw the most attention. The original trail builder wants to smooth them out. Just doing what I can to keep it bumpy.