Quantcast

Guerrilla Gravity, badass frame manufacturer in Colorado

Lazoup

Chimp
Mar 24, 2015
Denver, CO
I remember a conversation about the older gen Norcos, so I had to look for them (did not remember this one actually)

(pinkbike: Greymon)

I see it now

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
I rode a first gen chameleon with the square chainstays. That thing was rough so I can only imagine how brutal a jackal must have been. May god have mercy on your lumbar spine.

Also minus 46 enduro points for zero stem-crank-seatpost color coordination and overall poorly executed colorway. No way you could ever match that shit to your gloves and helmet....surprised they even let you into the Pisgah on that thing.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Has anybody tried to use one of the One Up direct mount chainguides on a Megatrail? I bought one, but the clocking on the mounting holes seems off, it doesn't really fit. Might have to bust out the angle grinder.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
I could not get the S3 mount guide to work because the surface of the guide could not sit flush against the frame. The ISCG mount version works fine tho.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I could not get the S3 mount guide to work because the surface of the guide could not sit flush against the frame. The ISCG mount version works fine tho.
Because of the shaft of the main pivot coming through behind the forward mounting bolt, or because of the 5mm offset between the mounting plane of the bolts? I can shim that out fine, but the guide just sits too low.

I looked up the mounting standard, and the A dimension on mine is about 8mm shorter than it should be.

I don't have the bolt on ISCG tabs for mine unfortunately, they weren't included with the frame. I was hoping to use the direct mount guide to avoid using a BB mount setup.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Because of the shaft of the main pivot coming through behind the forward mounting bolt, or because of the 5mm offset between the mounting plane of the bolts? I can shim that out fine, but the guide just sits too low.

I looked up the mounting standard, and the A dimension on mine is about 8mm shorter than it should be.

I don't have the bolt on ISCG tabs for mine unfortunately, they weren't included with the frame. I was hoping to use the direct mount guide to avoid using a BB mount setup.
sounds complicated. should've gotten a jackal.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
built mine up as an uber-burly all-mtn rig. even took it to wilsons. hurt my back and my pride more than my ankles :D
I think he's referring to the profile cranks on the other one. I recall bleeding through my socks and having blood streaks on my crank arm frequently on my profiles, anyway.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack

My issue was the offset between the two mounting bolts. I just abandoned ship at that point and ordered the iscg tabs. I had the iscg guide on another bike and just swapped the s3 onto that one. I don't recall the guide being too low for my 32t ring tho.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
The Moab Camping Weekend was badass, thanks to those that attended.

I'll post some pics when I garner the motivation to get them off the borrowed iPhone I used for the weekend and shrink them down to monkey permitted size

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
The Moab Camping Weekend was badass, thanks to those that attended.

I'll post some pics when I garner the motivation to get them off the borrowed iPhone I used for the weekend and shrink them down to monkey permitted size
Please make a point to highlight the photos of riders being castrated by their not straight toobed enough Trail Pistols. I've heard that's a thing.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
LOL

In other news, the libations from Jackalope Liquors has worn off. I feel like I need more vegan whiskey

Last edited:

mrgto

Monkey
Aug 4, 2009
For those that ride the MT, what water bottles fit? I have a side load cage and one old Gatorade bottle that works. I just want to buy a couple more to put in my rotation but most look too long...

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
For those that ride the MT, what water bottles fit? I have a side load cage and one old Gatorade bottle that works. I just want to buy a couple more to put in my rotation but most look too long...
I assume that depends on size.

I use the Fabric cageless bottles on mine (medium).

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Water bottles and cages are a place where new standards could actually make sense. Other than bottle diameter and cage bolt spacing, there are none. It would be awesome if there was a standard distance from bottom bolt to bottom of bottle, and if the bottle diameter could get a little bigger, and thus make the bottles shorter for a given volume.

We stock the Camelbak Podium 2 (with badass custom graphics) as it is the lowest profile 21oz bottle that we've found. And, the preferred cage that's used in the Frame Storage Kit, is a side mount where the frame bottle mounts have been optimized for. Since there are no standards, we had to pick a combo and optimize for that, and the combo listed fits the best in our experience.

Edit: that Fabric cageless system looks pretty slick as well.

Last edited:

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
I can fit a 21oz Camelbak water bottle on my size L Mega.

mrgto

Monkey
Aug 4, 2009
Thanks for the replies guys. I'll get a podium bottle. It should work with my Lezyne cage.