Quantcast

Guerrilla Gravity, badass frame manufacturer in Colorado

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
The suspension curve isn't much different between the 1st gen Megatrail and TrailPstol are they? it took me roughly 1 hour total or 1 ride to get the Mega set up to within a few clicks of my final settings. It isn't really all that hard......

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
The suspension curve isn't much different between the 1st gen Megatrail and TrailPstol are they? it took me roughly 1 hour total or 1 ride to get the Mega set up to within a few clicks of my final settings. It isn't really all that hard......
You are correct, suspension feel is pretty similar, just less of it.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
What about the leverage of the SS vs. the og megatrail?

I plotted out the ss based on the one photo I know you had second thoughts about putting on the site. Not quite confident in what I got.
Trail Mode is pretty similar, Gravity Mode has more mid stroke support and bottom out resistance.

You mean the pictures posted make it difficult to analyze in Linkage? That's so odd..... :)

Edit: average leverage ratio is lower to run lower air pressure in Debonair style air springs, and lower spring rates with coil springs

mrgto

Monkey
Aug 4, 2009
They said it was "bouncing on the edge of contol" and the douche in the video was like, I know how to set up my suspension, blah blah blah.

It seems to me that if it's too stiff and "bouncing" to much, you dont have your suspension set up properly.... am I missing something here????

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
They said it was "bouncing on the edge of control" and the douche in the video was like, I know how to set up my suspension, blah blah blah.

It seems to me that if it's too stiff and "bouncing" to much, you dont have your suspension set up properly.... am I missing something here????
They also didn't indicate their method of measuring sag. In the Trail Pistol owner's manual, the method to measure sag that we use is in seated climbing position. If they measured it with the method of standing over the BB*, their 25% sag would probably be more like our 20% - 23% sag....and yeah, that would ride very stiff.

* we recommend seated climbing position for measuring sag as it is repeatable and gives useful numbers for the fork and shock. Standing over the BB is easily repeatable for rear sag, but is difficult to get a repeatable/measurable fork sag number.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
WRONG

Sorry, clicked the trump button.

I find it so odd that nobody mentions the terribleness of the evil sear angle in any review. They make some good bikes but fucking shit fix that seat angle.

Regarding the GG review, suspension setup is one of those things that seems like reviewing parts on a high end bike. If there's something wrong with the suspension, either fix it, ask for a replacement shock if it's fucked, or try it yourself. It's like complaining that the slx drivetrain isn't your favorite on a bike that's sold frame only but making no mention of its geometry or stiffness. At least try.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
WRONG

Sorry, clicked the trump button.

I find it so odd that nobody mentions the terribleness of the evil sear angle in any review. They make some good bikes but fucking shit fix that seat angle.

Regarding the GG review, suspension setup is one of those things that seems like reviewing parts on a high end bike. If there's something wrong with the suspension, either fix it, ask for a replacement shock if it's fucked, or try it yourself. It's like complaining that the slx drivetrain isn't your favorite on a bike that's sold frame only but making no mention of its geometry or stiffness. At least try.
Duly noted. Your pink slip is in the mail human.

Coldest regards,

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
The Bike tests have been a Yeti and Evil advertisement for a few years now IMO.

Clear the dude complaining about the TP either set up the bike wrong, is on the wrong size (pretty big height differential between the testers) or just doesn't "get it." If your front wheel is pushing in an uphill turn (one of his complaints), you are just doing it wrong. He is also holding a post ride cocktail rather than a beer which further calls his judgment into question. Incidentally, the guy who liked it best is the fastest, most aggressive rider of the 3 in the video (based on having watched the other reviews and looked at the riding footage).

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
Gonzo Cycles already has at least one new Megatrail and Trail Pistol demo, in Carpenteria. That's not far from Santa Monica.
lol, that's a 6 hour round trip in SoCal time, probably half that anywhere else.
Gonzo Cycles already has at least one new Megatrail and Trail Pistol demo, in Carpenteria. That's not far from Santa Monica.
Carpinteria, really? there's like 10 people that ride bikes there. One of the best surf spots, though, so....

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
lol, that's a 6 hour round trip in SoCal time, probably half that anywhere else.

Carpinteria, really? there's like 10 people that ride bikes there. One of the best surf spots, though, so....
I made the drive from Santa Barbara, through Carpinteria, through Santa Monica to LAX over 4th of July weekend last summer. I don't think the whole route took 3 hours.

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
I made the drive from Santa Barbara, through Carpinteria, through Santa Monica to LAX over 4th of July weekend last summer. I don't think the whole route took 3 hours.
your bikes and company are awesome, I have a couple buddies who ride them. I live in Ventura county and work as a sales manager in LA, Ventura, SB, and SLO counties and spend a bunch of time driving and riding there. I'm looking forward to a demo of the Mega SS.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
your bikes and company are awesome, I have a couple buddies who ride them. I live in Ventura county and work as a sales manager in LA, Ventura, SB, and SLO counties and spend a bunch of time driving and riding there. I'm looking forward to a demo of the Mega SS.
Thanks.

Hit up Joaquin at Gonzo, he'll get you set up.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Are there any shops in Phoenix or Sedona that rent them? I'll be there for a week in February with my family and hope to escape for at least a couple of rides and will be looking to rent.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Are there any shops in Phoenix or Sedona that rent them? I'll be there for a week in February with my family and hope to escape for at least a couple of rides and will be looking to rent.
Not yet, but if you want to tell the shops in either location that you're looking to demo GG bikes, it'll help!

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
How does it compare to the old Super Gravity? I never use any of the other settings.
HAB: "yeah, bruh, I turned the knob up to 11 and broke it off"

The new Gravity Mode™ is closer to the 1st gen Super Gravity with more mid stroke support and bottom out resistance, which is basically what most folks asked for. And, with a little higher BB, and a steeper seat tube angle, keeping the turbo button permanently depressed works better than before.