Quantcast

Guerrilla Gravity, badass frame manufacturer in Colorado

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
And now, I'm listening to Seasons in the Abyss while designing some new fixture parts.
That is the last good one and luckily enough I saw them in 1993 or 1994 so that was cool even in a full leg cast....

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
SEPULTURA or Orgasmatron (Motörhead tune) are my submissions:

Also I always thought the name phantom lord (Metallica tune?) was fuckin sick for a bike (long since out of production frame from Kink). The sabbath was a bike from S&M. They also made the "Menstrul Cycle", which would probably put you out of business these days. :rofl:

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
SEPULTURA or Orgasmatron (Motörhead tune) are my submissions:

Also I always thought the name phantom lord (Metallica tune?) was fuckin sick for a bike (long since out of production frame from Kink). The sabbath was a bike from S&M. They also made the "Menstrul Cycle", which would probably put you out of business these days. :rofl:
orgasmatron = excellent song but mebbe not such a great bike name (or maybe the greatest?!).

phantom is a banshee bike, no?

if you wanna go second gen nyhc, you could do the madball...

if you wanna go southern metalcore, the C.O.C. or the Animosity

if you wanna stick with iron maiden you got the Eddie or the Ace(s High) or the Trooper

if you wanna be super old skool and badass, the War Pig

lemmy tribute: the ace (of spades)

'tallica could give you the Battery (your first e-bike!) or just the Master

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
There is a Hard Eddie from Intense and a Battery from Mountain Cycle.

Sh!t, just realized: this is not the Tantrum "name the new bike and win 25% off a used frame" thread. If there is nothing to win I am out. :D ;)

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
I once again enjoy the typical slight off topic route :brows: :monkey:

saw them in fall '94 in vienna on the seasons tour...euro metalhead insanity. effing awesome.
the Abyss really needs to be your dh bike's name

We were at the same place at the same time. One of my favorite concerts I have been to.

Top spot is Wels Underground Festival 1996, Schweisser, downset, Life of Agony, Type O Negative, Fear Factory and Sepultura - total mayhem. :rockout:

Abyss makes a good name too, all hail Peter.

Sepultura Orgasmatron cover is one of the exceptions where the cover tops the original.

So it is Sepultura all day long at the office today. :thumb:

mrgto

Monkey
Aug 4, 2009
Decided to try a thing. -2 degree headset in an OG 26". I think it's now the Ultramega OK Trail.

What do you weigh suited up? I've been interested in the X2 but I'm worried about having to run ridiculous pressure in it because of my weight.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
What do you weigh suited up? I've been interested in the X2 but I'm worried about having to run ridiculous pressure in it because of my weight.
About 165#. It's the best shock I've tried on it (CCDBa, CCDBc, RC4) but I've got 200psi in it.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Damn....I'm 235. I guess it just not meant to be :(
Yeah, you're probably out of luck on the air. Not sure how high Fox sells spring rates for the coils, but I ran a 450 for what that's wortg. X2 coil might be on the table.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Not that's it's very relevant to you guys, but to answer a question that others may have:
The new Megatrail runs a longer stroke shock to require lower air pressures and coil spring rates, as those setups are more common now.

lobsterCT

Monkey
Jun 23, 2015
As a clydesdale rider I approve of this trend. Very relevant. Stock rear shock damping circuits sort of work for heavy riders this way. God bless ya.

mrgto

Monkey
Aug 4, 2009
Yeah, you're probably out of luck on the air. Not sure how high Fox sells spring rates for the coils, but I ran a 450 for what that's wortg. X2 coil might be on the table.
Per Fox spring guide I would need a 700ish lb spring which they don't make for the X2.

CCDB says 600lb spring which is doable if I ever wanted to go coil.

I guess I need to lay off the beerz.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Yes. I think most of the GG shop crew are building Pedälheads for themselves this season, myself included. Taking hardtails on trails that are too rowdy for hardtails is pretty fun.
Especially if you give them 62 degree head angles.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Steps in order of true decline

1. Taking hardtails on trails that are too rowdy for hardtails is pretty fun.

2. The quickness and efficiency of hardtails really allow you to go farther and ride longer

3. I'm really starting to notice and work on my fitness level after riding this hardtail so much

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
I'm talking about riding hardtails on Dakota Ridge and White Ranch. You've ridden those trails, right? That takes a person in the opposite direction of what you posted.

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore
Not that's it's very relevant to you guys, but to answer a question that others may have:
The new Megatrail runs a longer stroke shock to require lower air pressures and coil spring rates, as those setups are more common now.
Since we're talking about big dudes, any plans for a XL MT/MT-SS? or is it a case-by-case basis type thing?

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Since we're talking about big dudes, any plans for a XL MT/MT-SS? or is it a case-by-case basis type thing?
There's a standard XL Trail Pistol, but if you want an XL Megatrail/Megatrail SS, give us a call. It can be done, and if there's enough demand, it'll be added as a standard option.

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
More people should own a hardtail. It is so much fun, and not that much slower than a full-susp.

It's unfortunate that there are so many standardz these days...it's almost impossible to have parts trickling down to a hardtail as you upgrade the main ride. With some luck, the industry will stabilize and hold on to boost hubs and 1.5 tapered headtube for a while and we'll be able to start building nice hardtails from leftover parts again.

In cases we needed another proof of the shit we're in (we don't): not only my hardtail and my main ride are completely obsolete (26"), they are also completely incompatible. Tapered vs straight steer tube, 142 vs 135, 9mm vs 15mm, etc. :banghead:

Last edited:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
If you want to show them who the badass boss is, don't stop at just getting a hardtail. Go full rigid and *at least* singlespeed. Real badass bosses ride a fixed gear on all ridges. Brakes are totally optional, too.