Quantcast

Guerrilla Gravity, badass frame manufacturer in Colorado

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
From today:

Monarch Pass 2017-08-09.jpg

That being said, we'll be camping and riding at high elevation. Bring some extra layers for cold and wet.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Of course, I bet some precip will make for stellar riding this weekend. I'm jealous. :thumb:

Do you have a headset in stock for this metalhead?
Headsets in stock. Unless there's some sort of shortage, we keep all of the build kit components on the website in stock.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
In town early for the Monarch Camping BBQ. Riding Trestle now, would love to meet up with some monkeys and have no problem driving too if I get to follow on the goods.

Braap!
One of my friends from Michigan is up there riding today as well, on his Trail Pistol.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Hedonistic Masochism is how I roll, only CO ride I have done prior is the commando (2 elks?)a couple times years ago.

So punish me that is your pleasure:drag:

shed heals all.
Gowdy on the way home sun or Mon
other than that open slate.
@SkaredShtles is probably going to curse my family for saying this, but I think 2 Elks is the most over-rated ride in CO. So, you're in for a good time, if that's your only CO experience in the past.

Green's Creek >>>> 2 Elks

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
@SkaredShtles is probably going to curse my family for saying this, but I think 2 Elks is the most over-rated ride in CO. So, you're in for a good time, if that's your only CO experience in the past.
Naw - I never would. Mainly because I've never ridden the full 2-Elks. I always end up climbing out China Bowl, then hitting Grand Traverse and then usually Matterhorn, although last time we finished with Cougar Ridge and then headed over to Meadow Mountain and did Whiskey Creek. And holy SHIT is WC fun. :thumb:

But yeah - fucking Green's is the full-on big titty awesomeness. It's almost too short a ride on a 6" bike, though. :D

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Hedonistic Masochism is how I roll, only CO ride I have done prior is the commando (2 elks?)a couple times years ago.

So punish me that is your pleasure:drag:

shed heals all.
Gowdy on the way home sun or Mon
other than that open slate.
Wyoming Curt Gowdy? If you are up in northern co, drop me a line. I might be able to ride/talk you into something more broflake/endurbro. Or not. ;)

Shizzon

Monkey
Jun 25, 2015
Hey Guys,

I had pushed my E-thirteen 9-42 10s Cassette a bit too long and a newly purchased 10s chain is slipping on hard efforts. This, and the fact that I never did really get the shifting of my hybrid 10s 1X setup quite where I would have liked it has led me to replace the entire drivetrain:

Pretty excited to give Eagle a go...

I intend to use my Raceface Cinch cranks (turbines are currently mounted while i deal with another SixC crash replacement) and have ordered the OneUp Switch system with a 34t Chainring.

I also have decided to retire my 4-5 year old ENVE DH bars that have served me well in two bike builds (Ibis HDR prior to the Megatrail) and have a new pair of ENVE DH bars en route with a new Deity Copperhead stem (35mm length in "platinum" finish). I didn't need a new stem, but the Renthal has proven to be a creeky SOB...

Ill snap some pics when its all together, but I still love this bike and have no desire to replace it with something else in the near future (V2 Megatrail would be nice, but I think I would rather keep my V1 going and update it as I go and add another GG bike to the mix).

Regards,

velocipedist

Lubrication Sensei
Jul 11, 2006
Rainbow City Alabama
Smashingly good times.

Day 1 Monarch Starvation
Day1.png

Day 2 Monarch Greens x 2 (unless you are mtg and then its play in the rain for double Fooses & Greens).
Day2.png

Day 3 St Elmo Alpine Tunnel CDT
Day3.png

Much fun was had, Colorado trail riding is amazing.
Can't wait to come back.

Braaap!
Day3Pano.jpg

SmashDogg
IMG_20170814_164142.jpg

Last edited:

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Will you have any demos at the campout?
I really wanted to check out a smash.
If you call ahead of time and reserve one, yes. We did that for Monarch, and gave discounted rates if you want to ride it for the whole weekend.

And, tall folks rejoice, as there is now an XL demo of The Smash in the fleet.

velocipedist

Lubrication Sensei
Jul 11, 2006
Rainbow City Alabama
You like the Dogg?
Dogg is a blast. So I exploded my crank on the 2nd greens run and ended up borrowing a Trail Pistol. I had been thinking about playing on 29s (sorry kidwoo) and after riding it I was curious how the shred dogg would feel, so I picked up The Smash seatstays to geek out. So now I have the smash on 27.5s.

Feels likes its on rails and balances really well e.g. maintaining a wheelie felt easier. Slightly less playful, but better in the air than the trail pistol I rode. Still have my OG stays to dial to trail conditions, but at the moment SmashDogg is really fun. Rode 20 miles at Glendo on the way home, next time I will have to ride during the day.

I am super stoked on my ride and still on a Colorado high, from worldclass singletrack.

Big thanks to G.G. for the awesome weekend of riding bicycles at stupid fun speedz down COs goods.

Braaap!

rollertoaster

Monkey
Aug 7, 2007
Douglassville , PA
Dogg is a blast. So I exploded my crank on the 2nd greens run and ended up borrowing a Trail Pistol. I had been thinking about playing on 29s (sorry kidwoo) and after riding it I was curious how the shred dogg would feel, so I picked up The Smash seatstays to geek out. So now I have the smash on 27.5s.

Feels likes its on rails and balances really well e.g. maintaining a wheelie felt easier. Slightly less playful, but better in the air than the trail pistol I rode. Still have my OG stays to dial to trail conditions, but at the moment SmashDogg is really fun. Rode 20 miles at Glendo on the way home, next time I will have to ride during the day.

I am super stoked on my ride and still on a Colorado high, from worldclass singletrack.

Big thanks to G.G. for the awesome weekend of riding bicycles at stupid fun speedz down COs goods.

Braaap!
Interesting, it hadn't occurred to me to look at swapping stays. I wonder if smash stays on a megatrail could be a possibility.

amishmatt

Turbo Monkey
Sep 21, 2005
Lancaster, PA
@rollertoaster , I asked them about that in an email and got the following reply:

"The conversion that Matt referred to is for people that currently have a Shred Dogg/Megatrail and want to run 29er wheels, so you can purchase the seat stays for the Smash and put them on your Megatrail or Shred Dogg."

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...

Braaap!
Interesting swap ya did there. Any comment on how it affected the geo and possibly suspension kinematics?

Lazoup

Chimp
Mar 24, 2015
Denver, CO
Good times indeed ! Good rides, good beer, and good people with a permanent smile on their faces !

Are we talking about the wheelsize on Kidwoo's bike?

I really hope I'll make it to Sedona now. Even if one will say that place sucks !

Yep, that was a good time. As far as monkeys that were at Monarch, I know that included @kidwoo @velocipedist and @Lazoup

The next one is Sedona, in November.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I like how GG has limited accessibility to demo bikes but they have Florida and Indiana covered. I assume this is geared towards those who want to roll over bath salt zombies and shred down the side of overpass ramps.