Quantcast

Guerrilla Gravity, badass frame manufacturer in Colorado

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
The Golden Giddyup race was yesterday, where we raced down trails in Apex park and North Table Mountain. For those familiar with the Front Range, it's pretty crazy Jefferson County Open Space allows the trails to be closed for a mountain bike race. Much fun was had, many guerrillas were out in the wild. @Nick was there with his pimp new gloss Purple Drank Pedälhead making sure golf carts didn't run over cyclists.

Golden Giddyup top of NTM.jpg

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
The Golden Giddyup race was yesterday, where we raced down trails in Apex park and North Table Mountain. For those familiar with the Front Range, it's pretty crazy Jefferson County Open Space allows the trails to be closed for a mountain bike race. Much fun was had, many guerrillas were out in the wild. @Nick was there with his pimp new gloss Purple Drank Pedälhead making sure golf carts didn't run over cyclists.

View attachment 126515
Purple bikes are the new black bikes.
I haven't seen official results and I went home waaaay early. How did you do in the end??

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Purple bikes are the new black bikes.
I haven't seen official results and I went home waaaay early. How did you do in the end??
http://goldengiddyup.com/the-event/results/

Not up yet. I passed 6 people going down EF/Apex, though, braap. Although, when I turned in my timing chip, I remember something like 16th out of around 70 at the time for the whole thing. Just the Chimpex loop would have been more competitive for me.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
http://goldengiddyup.com/the-event/results/

Not up yet. I passed 6 people going down EF/Apex, though, braap. Although, when I turned in my timing chip, I remember something like 16th out of around 70 at the time for the whole thing. Just the Chimpex loop would have been more competitive for me.
Nice work!

Explains why so many bros were missing in the Steamboat Endurbro. THAT was a good time!

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Yeah, missing Steamboat was a downer, I've raced that one for the past couple years and it's always a good one. This year's stage of Rawhide to Creekside had to be one of the most fun runs of the year.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
The best was day 1 in the backcountry. OMG smiles for miles for 5 stages. Unless you count the hike a bike. But even that was worth it in the long run.

Day 2 was Steamboat bike park style. And yes Rawhide to Creekside FTW.

That Flying W jump trail tho. Best jump trail in the state IMO. Wish the boat was closer!

Aaroncob

Chimp
Sep 11, 2017
Australia
I've got a buddy running a Griffin rear (found in the specials bin) and is actually impressed with it so far. I don't know if they're available in casings and sizes to suit Enderpo or nah. I've got the Minion DHF/Aggressor combo on the Scout and Pootroll. The Aggressor is decent but tends to exhibit a squirmy feel on some corners that makes it feel like it has punctured when it hasn't.

Just checked the local pricing on the Megatrail. Thanks to import duties, taxes and extra distro the frame only option here is like $4300 AUD w/ Super Deluxe. Living in Australia is a punch in the dick sometimes.
I'm in the same boat. I really want to get the Megatrail as my next bike but won't be getting it here in Australia. The pricing from Bike Brew doesn't add up. GG site lists the Megatrail Race build as $5,295 usd and Bike Brew as it as $9,249 aud. WTF. You can't justify a 39% increase after conversion rates. For reference a Specialized Enduro in the US is $8,500 usd and in Australia from a shop it's $11,000 aud. Seen these on special lately for $9,000 aud. Also a Trek Slash 9.9 in the US is $8,000 and in Australia is $10,000 aud. Also seen these on special for $8,000. I'll be having to make a holiday of it and travel over to the USA to get my GG Megatrail.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
I'll pass that feedback along to Bike Brew. If you travel to Denver to pick up a Megatrail, you wouldn't be the first international customer to take the Colorado delivery option.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
^^ Ha.

The below is also known to happen for Colorado delivery, taking people from sea level to places where aircraft are required to pressurize their cabins, and where you have to scale a snow bank in late July. :rockout:
Colorado delivery.jpg

Lazoup

Chimp
Mar 24, 2015
Denver, CO
^^ Ha.

The below is also known to happen for Colorado delivery, taking people from sea level to places where aircraft are required to pressurize their cabins, and where you have to scale a snow bank in late July. :rockout:
Ahah, that's the ride where Will and you were comparing the size of your fanny packs at 14.000ft...

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
I'll be having to make a holiday of it and travel over to the USA to get my GG Megatrail.
It is literally cheaper to fly to American, buy one, ride it (2nd hand/used bikes have no import duty) and fly home. There's a few other bike brands that are the same.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
It is literally cheaper to fly to American, buy one, ride it (2nd hand/used bikes have no import duty) and fly home. There's a few other bike brands that are the same.
Find someone who will pick it up in Denver and fly it to Oz and then split the cost of airline tickets with him - you get the bike, he gets a nice discount on a holiday trip.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
@mtg - do you guys do custom sizes at all? I'm liking the Megadogg Shreddtrail a lot but torn between the small and medium sizes.

Both the new Patrol and the new Process are available with the SA I want and the Reach number I want but I'm liking the travel adjust feature heaps.

amishmatt

Turbo Monkey
Sep 21, 2005
Lancaster, PA
They do custom sizing but it's a custom price. I'm between a S and M as well and currently exchanging emails about sizing. Just sent them a bunch of measurements to get their recommendation.

@kidwoo Didn't you ride both a S and M Mega for your review on Blister. Which did you prefer?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I used to be 5'9" but then collapsed discs and some adult onset scoliosis took me down a notch. I'm 5'8" and crooked.

I don't know any of that other stuff. It's kind of meaningless in my opinion because what gets recommended to me for bike sizes is so often way off for what I end up enjoying riding. In 2001 everyone had me on frames that felt too small and I bought larges. Now everyone wants cadillacs and I buy more smalls.

Those were the OG frames I'm talking about anyway. If you like moving your bike around I'd definitely size down if you're between sizes on the new ones. If you like stability in a straight line over all else, then go the other way. I like being able to get on my back wheel quickly.

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
Any plans to set up a Canadian network, or even a Canadian demo? this bike is on my short list for end of season, but would like to try them. 27.5 not that slowpoke wagon wheel bullshiz you cali kids love. :P