Quantcast

Guerrilla Gravity, badass frame manufacturer in Colorado

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
@scrublover, why not the Megatrail?
Because that would just replicate the Nomad I already have. Am looking to split the diff between it and my 5010, into one bike.

The Nomad3 is a great bike, but it's way more than I need/want as a daily driver. The 5010 is equally great, but gets overwhelmed sometimes. Plus, mine is a bit small. Figure to egregiously and mindlessly consume to combine them into one bike.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
As others have said, I think the shred dogg/megatrail frame is about as versatile as it comes. With a travel adjust fork (and if you wanted, a second shock with megatrail stroke) You can really cover a very wide spectrum of riding.

I think you had a spitfire in the past right? One thing I loved about those bikes (both the v1 and v2) was that it had relatively short travel but great geometry. Its perfect for riding our mellow local trails and jumps but is also a blast in the mountains (Pisgah for me). I think the Shred Dogg is similar but better.
Yep. The first gen. Which was a fantastic! bike, other than the bushing and QC issues.

Plenty of 5" "FUN" bikes out there.

The new version is on my radar, as is the:

Norco Sight
GG Shreddog -in the lead by far
Devinci Troy
Kona Process 134

Am *heavily* leaning towards the GG, but am not averse to the others if a supah! deal is found on a frame. Either way, I've got to sell some of my current stuff. Small 5010 frame/Pike combo anyone?

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Because that would just replicate the Nomad I already have. Am looking to split the diff between it and my 5010, into one bike.

The Nomad3 is a great bike, but it's way more than I need/want as a daily driver. The 5010 is equally great, but gets overwhelmed sometimes. Plus, mine is a bit small. Figure to egregiously and mindlessly consume to combine them into one bike.
Low slack 160/140mm shredders are the best of all worlds! :thumb:

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore
Yeah a new shredd dogg / megatrail with a short and long shock is my current dream setup (with possibly a travel adjust fork if that is something that works as advertised).

Olly

Monkey
Oct 1, 2015
Don't Cannondale and/or Scott both make bikes that do this?
I don't think they change the overall length of the shock - just how far it can compress. The Cannondale effectively has a cable operated volume spacer to adjust the size of the positive air chamber.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
@mtg ... the website no longer shows the GG-DH.
Maybe I missed it but have you guys discontinued the DH frame, officially?
That's because they're retooling in order to release a 29er DH bike (tentative model name: "The Kidwoo Plus"). I've been told by industry™ insiders it will not come with brake mounts on the frame or fork because it will be impossible to stop with modern brakes; with perhaps magnets being the only potential solution to mitigate the galactic momentum generated by the wagon wheels.

I've said too much...

But yeah, Endureau killed the DH bike (e.g. Turner DHR), although it sounds like they still have a few frames remaining for those interested

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Ha, no. That would be just about the most expensive method of frame manufacturing I could imagine. We have been out-sourcing CNC machined parts from the beginning, and now they are being in-sourced. There is an instragram post from a couple days ago of a number of part drawings...those are the parts being made on the Haas.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Ha, no. That would be just about the most expensive method of frame manufacturing I could imagine. We have been out-sourcing CNC machined parts from the beginning, and now they are being in-sourced. There is an instragram post from a couple days ago of a number of part drawings...those are the parts being made on the Haas.
gotta make some widgets. Ride GG bottle openers.