Quantcast

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Just went through the corporate active shooter training.

Could pretty much sum it up as: Run, maybe hide, try not to get shot by the cops when they show up.
Are they not individually arming you all with Howitzers???

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
I love how yous Yanks always give the French a hard time for being "surrender monkeys".
I would bet that a goodly portion of these same people have no idea that they owe the existence of your country to the French.

History. Get Some!! :nerd:

ps - Great meme, and ya, I would have totally posted it too. :busted:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Since the 2008 election of President Obama, the number of firearmsmanufactured in the U.S. has tripled, while imports have doubled. This doesn’t mean more households have guns than ever before—that percentage has stayed fairly steady for decades. Rather, more guns are being stockpiled by a small number of individuals. Three percent of the population now owns half of the country’s firearms, says a recent, definitive study from the Injury Control Research Center at Harvard University.

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/why-are-white-men-stockpiling-guns/#

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
As much as I wanted to have kids but didn't (and am too old to start now), I take some, how ever minuscule, comfort in not having to worry about them. I cannot imagine what some of you parents on here have to deal with when I read things like this;

"17th school shooting this year"

It's only March...

"This is what we train for, this is what we prepare for, and this is what we pray that we never have to do. On this day, we realized our worst nightmare," Cameron said.
We should not have to train children in ways to deal with a shooter.

But I guess if we are going to be a nation of gun lovin dipshits then we should just start'em off young.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Since the 2008 election of President Obama, the number of firearmsmanufactured in the U.S. has tripled, while imports have doubled. This doesn’t mean more households have guns than ever before—that percentage has stayed fairly steady for decades. Rather, more guns are being stockpiled by a small number of individuals. Three percent of the population now owns half of the country’s firearms, says a recent, definitive study from the Injury Control Research Center at Harvard University.

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/why-are-white-men-stockpiling-guns/#
I’m just waiting for trickle down gunenomics to gift me with an AR-15. Darn 3%ers hogging them all.

Pew pew! Arm the teachers!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2018/03/14/teacher-accidentally-discharges-firearm-in-calif-classroom-he-was-trained-in-gun-use/?utm_term=.bc1fd055c97f

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
So special reserve officer Dipshit causes an injury to a student by shooting a firearm and just continues along with class. No medical attention, no get the kids away from the shooter, and no call to actual Po-Po.

Again I don't know how you parents do it ? It must take an enormous amount of self control not to go down to the school and bend that jackass backwards over a desk with a Ranger hold just to introduce yourself as the kid's dad. Yeah, I'd probably be in jail...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
youtube to ban gun related videos....so i guess their tv type channel will be free of firearm content...

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
First link is broken.

that new yorker feature seems like it just learned about the south

It's cute how shooting demands sporty jerseys. Reminds me of enduro :rofl:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/no-there-havent-been-18-school-shooting-in-2018-that-number-is-flat-wrong/2018/02/15/65b6cf72-1264-11e8-8ea1-c1d91fcec3fe_story.html

Yes the jerseys are enduro-esque.
Marketing’s a bitch.
Almost as lame as the ‘I’m core so I wear flannel “rebels”.’ Fro riders for life!

The NYer discovered America outside the city/burbs, not so much the South.

Don’t social media so I’ll leave your hive thought alone, but thanks for thinking of me.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
"I'm not there to judge them, but in my family, it happened once with my cousin," Martinez told KXXV. "My cousin killed accidentally my other cousin. It happens. Accidents happen."
Think about how absurd that would sound if he was talking about keeping live alligators or mountain lions in your home.

"Bob, if you're gonna have large animals of prey in the house with kids around, eventually one is going to get eaten. But ya know accidents happen."

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
You know why Republicans don't want women to have access to birth control and abortion ? To re-populate and make up the difference for the kids who get gunned down in the name of freedumb™. Why should any lawmaker give a shit about dead kids when the lady elves can just keep popping'em out ?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Fox news coverage of the marches are buried deep in their website. I LOLed over their Food & Beverage section front page being about Red Lobster cheddar biscuits. Fine dining. I can't wait for their reviews of Cracker Barrel cheesy lasagna.