Quantcast

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
the nra didnt come up with that,
No never.

In fact I couldn't possibly come up with someone representing them saying something similar over and over and over again on youtube. It would just be.......well........impossible.

Come on rice! I'm just jumping on you because you're smrtr than that. I do it because I care.

And I don't want to get shot someday because that shlt is just way too common in these parts. And things that empower the same sect of gun owners that you and I BOTH have incredible disdain for just aren't good.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
from teh FB, therefore likely to be apocryphal
Some actual real figures el-Stinko
The Australian Institute of Criminology has released a report examining the 510 homicides across the country over 24 months between July 2008 and June 2010.
Advertisement
It found that the rate of homicide in Australia remains at a historic low of 1.2 deaths per 100,000 people.

Read more: http://www.watoday.com.au/national/murders-at-a-low-but-knife-use-on-the-rise-20130220-2eroj.html#ixzz2LVMAWkm7

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Don't cut the military...because they are going to take our guns...oh wait, that doesn't make sense...

Why you guys gotta mess it all up, I was about to get gastro to admit having unwavering faith in those who write governmental law?
Not without a nice candlelight dinner and a foot massage.

Those who write law (legislators and/or lobbyists) are the least trustworthy of the bunch. It's up to SCOTUS to interpret their legality. You know, checks and balances and that sort of thing. Want to repeal the 2nd? There is a legal process for that. Go for it.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Those are American coconut trees, liability risk from falling coconuts is greatly reduced.

http://www.cmaj.ca/content/166/6/801.full
Didn't have the time to post this with this post...

Mentioned earlier, the gun lobby is freedom hating. In America you can sue anyone for product liability issues, there is no valid reason to give gun makers a pass.

http://www.slate.com/articles/technology/technology/2012/12/smart_guns_we_have_the_technology_to_make_safer_guns_too_bad_gunmakers_don.html

Why aren’t gunmakers making safer guns? Because guns are exempt from most of the consumer safety laws that improved the rest of American life. The Consumer Product Safety Commission, which was established in 1972, is charged with looking over thousands of different kinds of products. If you search its database for “guns,” you’ll find lots of recalls of defective air pistols and lead-covered toy guns but nothing about real firearms. That’s because the CPSC is explicitly prohibited from regulating firearms. If you’re injured by a gun, you can’t even go to court. In 2005, Congress passed and President George W. Bush signed the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act, which immunizes gun makers against lawsuits resulting from “misuse” of the products. If they can’t be sued and can’t be regulated, gunmakers have no incentive to make smarter guns. It’s the Pinto story in reverse.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
that excerpt is right and wrong. only firearms mfg's can recall guns but people can still sue them if they are injured. the Remington Model 700 case is a prime example of this. Remington of course said it was b/c of "improper maintenance, unsafe gun handling or other actions by the user such as unauthorized adjustments of the trigger." they also settled out of court on some cases too

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
that excerpt is right and wrong. only firearms mfg's can recall guns but people can still sue them if they are injured. the Remington Model 700 case is a prime example of this. Remington of course said it was b/c of "improper maintenance, unsafe gun handling or other actions by the user such as unauthorized adjustments of the trigger." they also settled out of court on some cases too
That was a deal where the safety flicker was reversed wasn't it?

The point of the article is completely spot on.

What is the CPSC held back on that particular product?

SLOPE

Monkey
Aug 24, 2001
Arnold, Maryland
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!" ~Adolph Hitler, 1935,on The Weapons Act of Nazi Germany

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!" ~Adolph Hitler, 1935,on The Weapons Act of Nazi Germany
You fail at German history. That wasn't written by Hitler. Hitler was pro-gun and eased gun laws passed before he came to power.

“The 1938 revisions completely deregulated the acquisition and transfer of rifles and shotguns, as well as ammunition,” Harcourt wrote. Meanwhile, many more categories of people, including Nazi party members, were exempted from gun ownership regulations altogether, while the legal age of purchase was lowered from 20 to 18, and permit lengths were extended from one year to three years.
Full debunking - Thoughts on Gun Control - The Hitler Argument.

Again Ronald Reagan is for gun control though:

Ronald Reagan said:
“This is a matter of vital importance to the public safety ... While we recognize that assault-weapon legislation will not stop all assault-weapon crime, statistics prove that we can dry up the supply of these guns, making them less accessible to criminals.” May 3, 1994
“Certain forms of ammunition have no legitimate sporting, recreational, or self-defense use and thus should be prohibited.” August 28, 1986
“With the right to bear arms comes a great responsibility to use caution and common sense on handgun purchases.” March 29, 1991
“Every year, an average of 9,200 Americans are murdered by handguns, according to Department of Justice statistics. This does not include suicides or the tens of thousands of robberies, rapes and assaults committed with handguns. This level of violence must be stopped.”March 29, 1991
“I think maybe there could be some restrictions that there had to be a certain amount of training taken.”June 21, 1988
“Well, I think there has to be some [gun] control.” November 14, 1988

Last edited:

SLOPE

Monkey
Aug 24, 2001
Arnold, Maryland
Nazi Weapons Act of 1938 (Translated to English)

Classified guns for "sporting purposes".
All citizens who wished to purchase firearms had to register with the Nazi officials and have a background check.
Presumed German citizens were hostile and thereby exempted Nazis from the gun control law.
Gave Nazis unrestricted power to decide what kinds of firearms could, or could not be owned by private persons.
The types of ammunition that were legal were subject to control by bureaucrats.
Juveniles under 18 years could not buy firearms and ammunition.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack

All citizens who wished to purchase firearms had to register with the Nazi officials and have a background check.
Presumed German citizens were hostile and thereby exempted Nazis from the gun control law.
Gave Nazis unrestricted power to decide what kinds of firearms could, or could not be owned by private persons.
Stop parroting NRA talking points.

http://www.natvan.com/national-vanguard/assorted/gunhitler.html

The primary gun control law was passed in 1928, BEFORE Hitler took power. The 1938 law actually loosened restrictions. For example:

Firearms and ammunition, as well as swords and knives, may not be sold to minors under the age of 18 years. [The age limit had been 20 years in the 1928 law.
So the law prohibiting minors from owning weapons was passed in 1928, but the age was 20. Hitler relaxed that law down to 18.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
He eased gun laws, did you bother looking at the history of German gun laws?

In 1919 and 1920, the Weimar government passed the Regulations on Weapons Ownership and the Law on the Disarmament of the People that in effect banned private gun ownership. In 1928, the Law on Firearms and Ammunition was passed which greatly relaxed Germany's gun control laws. Private gun ownership was allowed, but it wasn't a complete deregulation. People were required to have permits to own guns, separate permits to carry guns, and still more permits for the various aspects of the gun industry.
Hilter in 1938 further deregulated gun ownership, he did not increase the existing restrictions. Your Hilter quote is fake and you have no idea what you are talking about. Hilter lowered ownership age, extended permit length three times as long, etc. That's pro-gun and the argument has no validity.

Last edited:

Kevin

Turbo Monkey

So ****ing what?
Whats your point here?

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
back to joe....isn't popping off two shotgun rounds in the air in a neigborhood illegal?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Is anyone else getting that email about disarming our vets? Btw, all for it as the 'breaking news' stands. Pretty sure that's been in place for around 20yrs

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
WHAT!? The NRA would fabricate stories to make the Left look bad and further their interests? And idiot frothers will believe them? I am SHOCKED! Shocked I am!

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
The NRA is also working to kill one of the rarest birds in America. Copper ammo is a simple solution that makes kills safer for the hunter too but the NRA won't benefit from doing the right thing.

http://watch.opb.org/video/2302231466

Lead is an extremely toxic element that we’ve sensibly removed from water pipes, gasoline, paint and other sources dangerous to people. Yet toxic lead is still entering the food chain through widespread use of lead hunting ammunition and fishing tackle, poisoning wildlife and even threatening human health. At least 75 wild bird species in the United States are poisoned by spent lead ammunition, including bald eagles, golden eagles, ravens and endangered California condors. Thousands of cranes, ducks, swans, loons, geese and other waterfowl ingest spent lead shot or lead fishing sinkers lost in lakes and rivers each year, often with deadly consequences.

Last edited:

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
That was a deal where the safety flicker was reversed wasn't it?
no. there was a free floating piece in the trigger assembly that could make the rifle fire if touched the wrong way. a lot of people were killed and hurt when manipulating the bolt to unload the gun. Remington of course said it was their fault