Quantcast

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
What are you guys talking about? Pretty sure that's an XL Pez dispenser that ejects a candy tablet when you pull the trigger. Just open your mouth and enjoy the incoming pellet of rapture.
That's basically what guns are, freedom pez dispensers.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Article stated the assailant was already leaving the scene when the ex-marine intervened. Then he was close enough to the attacker that the guy was able to slap the gun out of the marines hand. Jar head should have known better and probably wouldn't have gotten involved if he wasn't armed.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I wonder how many people have been shot or killed at gun ranges or gun "safety" classes in the US ?

A few years ago a little kid shot himself in the head with an Uzzi as his dad and instructor watched. I've read several stories over the years about instructors accidentally discharging during class.

As irresponsible and as stupid as a lot drivers are with texting, talking on the phone, and other various distractions, it's truly amazing that the same people can have lethal weapons.

Our biggest threat is not from "Islamic Radicals", but rather from ourselves. Our collective mentality and actions demonstrate the disconnect many of us have with reality. We may have plateaued as a country if we do not progress beyond this sick obsession we have with guns because progress does not come from self-destruction.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I wonder how many people have been shot or killed at gun ranges or gun "safety" classes in the US ?

A few years ago a little kid shot himself in the head with an Uzzi as his dad and instructor watched. I've read several stories over the years about instructors accidentally discharging during class.

As irresponsible and as stupid as a lot drivers are with texting, talking on the phone, and other various distractions, it's truly amazing that the same people can have lethal weapons.

Our biggest threat is not from "Islamic Radicals", but rather from ourselves. Our collective mentality and actions demonstrate the disconnect many of us have with reality. We may have plateaued as a country if we do not progress beyond this sick obsession we have with guns because progress does not come from self-destruction.

My idiot brother in law had an idiot friend who shot his finger off during a hunting safety class. He dropped his gun in the mud, tried clearing out said mud with one finger while another finger was on the trigger. 9 fingered moron went on to have a career in child molesting.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
My idiot brother in law had an idiot friend who shot his finger off during a hunting safety class. He dropped his gun in the mud, tried clearing out said mud with one finger while another finger was on the trigger. 9 fingered moron went on to have a career in child molesting.
I know where you live/ where you're from etc... so I'm not surprised.

But the number of anecdotes like this that have trickled out of you over the years is really starting to reach novella caliber. Give it a thought won't cha?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
underlying problem is lack of value of human life, and the mentality that any perceived slight is justification for brandishing a firearm.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I know where you live/ where you're from etc... so I'm not surprised.

But the number of anecdotes like this that have trickled out of you over the years is really starting to reach novella caliber. Give it a thought won't cha?
This all occurred in Nebraska. Much of what happens in that state can be explained by mutagenic pesticide contamination of ground water.

Most of my gun stories come from my time in New York state, mostly because of my exposure to idiots in my younger years.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Plan C?

“It turns out, my state isn’t the only one that sees zero irony in making weapons of wanton death and destruction easy to get while making a safe and legal, constitutionally protected medical service as hard to have performed as possible,” Jane told us, “and so Bushmaster developed a whole product line for red state women like me who still want to have control over our own reproduction, silly us.”