Quantcast

Hack Norris..

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
DH version coming...
"Current version of Huck Norris is made for trail riding and enduro. It's intended to be used with single ply tires. Before I'm writing this here, not many people know about it, but we are launching Dual ply tires / DH specific version of Huck Norris next week. The DH version has been tested by several UCI DH world cup teams with good results."

https://www.reddit.com/r/MTB/comments/5wxwsa/a_month_with_huck_norris_inserts/deetg3c/

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
I tried a Rock Razor with the Huck Norris insert yesterday and I can really hear/feel it moving around in the tire. It's not *that* bad, but it is distracting since the rest of the bike is so quiet...and it feels like there is something loose on my bike. It didn't do that with my former tire (Mavic Charge 26x2.4).

I guess the shape of the tire is just too loose around the Huck Norris insert and it can move freely. Actually, if I make the rear wheel turn fast on the workstand and I hit the brake, I clearly hear a wheeeeeeezzzzzzz...as the insert continues to spin in the tire even if the wheel is locked. That can't be too good. I guess I should probably try it now (of course), and then open the tire and shorten the HN insert a bit.

Did anybody notice that as well?

SinatorJ

Monkey
Jul 9, 2002
AZ
Been running huck norris for a year on Flow mk3s dhr2s 24 psi. Can hear when I spin in stand and stop thr wheel abruptly. I've had excellent results, no flats in a year and there is a small amount of that Dampened quality I keep reading about. I ordered a 27mm internal rim sized for my Ht. Am on Arch mk3s for the ht and will install as soon as our forest reopens.

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
I tried a Rock Razor with the Huck Norris insert yesterday and I can really hear/feel it moving around in the tire. It's not *that* bad, but it is distracting since the rest of the bike is so quiet...and it feels like there is something loose on my bike. It didn't do that with my former tire (Mavic Charge 26x2.4).

I guess the shape of the tire is just too loose around the Huck Norris insert and it can move freely. Actually, if I make the rear wheel turn fast on the workstand and I hit the brake, I clearly hear a wheeeeeeezzzzzzz...as the insert continues to spin in the tire even if the wheel is locked. That can't be too good. I guess I should probably try it now (of course), and then open the tire and shorten the HN insert a bit.

Did anybody notice that as well?
How about the next size up? I'm running the small one in a 2.3 DHR2 on a ex471 rim, no sounds. Perhaps the medium will be interested back tbe silence you deserve.

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
How about the next size up? I'm running the small one in a 2.3 DHR2 on a ex471 rim, no sounds. Perhaps the medium will be interested back tbe silence you deserve.
Yes that would certainly work, but I did purchase the right size for my rim width so I'd prefer not spending another Euro70 on that stuff.

I can live with the noise and loose feeling. I just hope the friction it won't damage the inside of the tire prematurely. We'll see I guess...

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
Yes that would certainly work, but I did purchase the right size for my rim width so I'd prefer not spending another Euro70 on that stuff.

I can live with the noise and loose feeling. I just hope the friction it won't damage the inside of the tire prematurely. We'll see I guess...
IMHO Schwalbe tends to build their tires wider than everyone else.

I don't think it can or will damage the tire's inside. It seems not to be too abrasive, doesn't it?

Btw, auto correction on Android Oreo and the XenForo caching suck big time.