Quantcast

Hadley Hubs: Does the new design suck?

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
It only crops up as an issue if you try to order an axle conversion kit. Make sure you order the right one.
If you have a question, just call Hadley. They are very helpful. They did change the thread used and they hooked me up with the new parts I needed to keep my old hubs relevant.
yup. thats really the only thing to look for but when you need to order parts for them but if you get the parts from them, theyll send you the right stuff...and if you ask nice, theyll send you a set of wrenches for free.
my rear from 2005 is still perfect as well as my other Hadleys. ill never buy another set of hubs

csermonet

Monkey
Mar 5, 2010
Leaving my house now to meet the seller, pretty stoked! I'll make a thread with pics so everyone can see them, and ill get weights of both wheelsets to see what kind of savings I do or don't get. A quick sketchy calculation shows they will indeed be a 100-200 grams heavier, but could be 100-200 grams lighter depending on spoke and nipples used. I think running them tubeless might save a few grams versus running my Outlaws with tubes. Watch for a new thread in a few hours