Quantcast

Halloumi - I'm addicted

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
SkaredShtles said:
Goddammit. This sounds too good to be true. Cheese I can grill and don't have to do anything to prepare it?

Sign me up. Now send me some cheese. :mad:

I have "the barbeque bible" and it has a recipe for grilled provolone in it. i'm not sure how well this would work, but it says that provolone will stand up to grilling. i'm goig to have to bring some home from work and try it out.

ROCKLAND-
what does halloumi cheese taste like?

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
laura said:
I have "the barbeque bible" and it has a recipe for grilled provolone in it. i'm not sure how well this would work, but it says that provolone will stand up to grilling. i'm goig to have to bring some home from work and try it out.

ROCKLAND-
what does halloumi cheese taste like?
I don't really have the "cheese words" to do it justice, but ..
It reminded me of cheese curd, in that it's texture was sort of rubbery without being chewy. A little salty like cheese curd as well. The outside when grilled browns a little and gets crispy. I don't know if this helps, but I shure like the stuff! :drool: :drool:

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I have a hard time thinking provolone will grill ok. maybe if you cut it really thick and don't leave it on the grill too long...?

halloumi is goats milk cheese I think..:think:
it's also DAMM expensive. least 'round these parts. like $7.00 a pop expensive...

get the grill HOT, slap the cheese on, when browned, eat. we cut it into one inch squares and skewwer it.

it's salty and cheese curdish like. but tastey.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
pnj said:
I have a hard time thinking provolone will grill ok. maybe if you cut it really thick and don't leave it on the grill too long...?

see, thats what i was thinking. i'll have to keep an eye out for this halloumi, sounds interesting.