Quantcast

Halloween session at new -secret- spot

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
After our local dirt jumps were destroyed we were in a bind for a place to re-build. one of the "crew" happened to know someone with land.....and he gave permission to build on it! this place is awesome! i wasn't available to help out with the first phase but i'll be sure to be there to build on the other field. anyhoo, the pics will do most of the explaining of the set-up. roll-in, double, berm, table, table, hip, double. a new line is being built that will start on the roof of the barn (pic) and gap down to another line of doubles. there's a box jump in the middle that has an attachable wall.

so here goes.

view from the fence.

the roof drop

from the roof top

dickiesbike1 on the wall

jeff the builder on the first double

yours truly attempting the double.....having to relearn

db1 after not making the hip

jeff over the last gap

view from the top of the roll-in

and lastly....the town we have to drive through to get there :D :thumb:

J

JRB

Cool - I wish I weren't too big a puss to ride stuff like that.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
the car is already in the works....gonna be part of a table-top. it's a BMW too! :thumb:

also, the field to the left of the first pic has been offered up by the owner to be used for us too. we just can't tear down the fence so there will be a gap over the fence. this place is so full of potential.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
DHracer1067 said:
hey manimal where is that. we definately would like to check it out. you can pm me if its a real secret.
i'll have to show you in person...it's one of those, "meet the owner" kind of deals. i still have to meet him myself before i can just show up. he wasn't there yesterday but i rode with the dude that built it so it was cool

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
manimal said:
i'll have to show you in person...it's one of those, "meet the owner" kind of deals. i still have to meet him myself before i can just show up. he wasn't there yesterday but i rode with the dude that built it so it was cool
ok. sounds good. ill talk to steven and mark about when we would be able to go out there. ill probly talk to you on aim sometime soon. but how far down south is it on 311. checked mapquest for the horneytown place. like 30-45 minutes. thatd be a good drive. i htink we are like hour and a half to winston salem.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
it's less than 5 minutes from hobby park so however long it takes you to get there. horneytown is right outside of high point where i live, takes me about 20 min to get to hobby

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
manimal said:
it's less than 5 minutes from hobby park so however long it takes you to get there. horneytown is right outside of high point where i live, takes me about 20 min to get to hobby
hhmm. never been to hobby park. ill try to figure out how far it would be. whats at hobby park. maybe we can hit up both while we are out there.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Hobby park has a pretty nice DS course and something like a 7 mile technical xc trail, the DS course is worth hitting if your in the area. Oh yeah, if it takes you 1.5 hrs to get to W-S you can probably be at hobby within an hour and 45 min

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
DHracer1067 said:
hhmm. never been to hobby park. ill try to figure out how far it would be. whats at hobby park. maybe we can hit up both while we are out there.

hobby is a fun DS course. fun double/step-down in the woods then out to a big tripple, berm, step-up, berm, 4-pack, berm, step-down, table

here's db1 hitting the last table.

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
nice. thatll make steven wanna go even more so we'll probly be able to check it out soon. if we can meet up with you and the owner soon too. i guess ill bring the hardtail.

but wait till you see the drop that we are working on building. its gonna be pretty dope.