Quantcast

Hardcore24

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
T, I can't afford to race it, but I'm thinking about heading out to pit (ie; discretely drink) for the SMBA guys if they get their act together. :)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I've marked it on my calendar, will see how I'm feeling about things when the date is a little closer.

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
:( I thought it might help you out...if you're a father you should get to do something for yourself on father's day right?
You would think, but I get 'don't you want to spend father's day with your sons'. Not that that is a bad thing, because I loved to hang out with them.:biggrin:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
me? huh? I just wanted to get some more opinions.

maybe its the why I forgot? something about 2 big climbs?? (hmm, but I like climbing the SS)
;) I think it would be fun for a lap...maybe even 2, but definitely not for 24 hours. Sq-Earl & I were talking about it last night too because he LOVES his SS (the poor Yeti barely gets used anymore) but he's planning on running gears. Actually, he rode the Cowan 1-9 last year too!

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
me? huh? I just wanted to get some more opinions.

maybe its the why I forgot? something about 2 big climbs?? (hmm, but I like climbing the SS)
There's a switchback climb towards the start of the lap that you could hammer on a SS. It's steep enough that it would hurt but you could do it.

At about the halfway point there's a WALL that's granny gear only and probably half the field walked it anyway so SS doesn't hurt you much there.

After the gnar downhill section there's a few little steep ups that might give you trouble on a SS.

Towards the end there's a grinder that is just the right grade to haul ass on a singlespeed.

All in all though that course would be absolutely BRUTAL on a singlespeed. The course has more climbing and is more technical than Dalton by a longshot.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
so..........I finally got on a team. I am told it is a just for fun team, I'll see what I can do to change that.

by the way, who is in possession of the RM fast lap trophy?

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I think Westy still has the fastest lap trophy, unless he shipped it to greasey monkey. I have the Ridemonkey cup in my garage, although I don't think I'm the current rightful owner. It will be up for grabs at the Hardcore!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I think Doug should do it SS! We already know his is practically superhuman (compared to us regular Joes) so what might seem Brutal to many of us would probably = a very solid and fun to tackle challenge for Doug.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I think Doug should do it SS! We already know his is practically superhuman (compared to us regular Joes) so what might seem Brutal to many of us would probably = a very solid and fun to tackle challenge for Doug.
1)Thats crazy talk.

2)Goal #1: Get the team on the podium!! I can ride/race the SS anytime, at this race its about the team so I'll ride a bike more suited to the course.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
1)Thats crazy talk.

2)Goal #1: Get the team on the podium!! I can ride/race the SS anytime, at this race its about the team so I'll ride a bike more suited to the course.
Better bring some ringers. The team that won 4 person male last year was FAST.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Oh that's right you're one of those crazy duo bastids. Easiest category in the race, you should have no trouble winning that one :busted: