Quantcast

Hardesty & Eula Ridge Oakridge

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I've said it before and always will - Oakridge has some awesome riding. This weekend we took our trailer there again and went camping/riding.

Day 1 was Eula Ridge-11 miles roughly 2.75 hours. The ride started with a big 6.6 mile fireroad climb and then another mile climb on singletrack before the ridiculous descent began. It's 3.3 miles with 3,232 feet of downhill. The climb seemed steep since you gain that elevation in basically 8 miles, but the descent was VERY steep! Sadly, I took only one picture that day. You absolutely couldn't stop on the way down. It's either too steep, too dark back in there, or you are having too much fun to ruin the flow. Sorry.

Day 2 was Hardesty - 18+miles 3.5 hours. The ride starts identical to Day one with the same long climb but the descent is along Hardesty Trail instead. That trail is 5.7 miles long so not as steep. SUPER FUN trail with lots of green, mossy trees. The pictures won't do it justice because you have to see the bigness of everything. At the bottom of Hardesty we took South Willamette Trail back to camp. The trail description said, "wet, pretty level trail." MY ASS! How does a pretty level trail gain 1300 feet? This day hurt - lots of climbing!!!!!

The morning started off foggy - here is Derek climbing away.

I love this picture.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
The kick in the pants is that I just stopped and was waiting for Derek, looked over and saw this and snapped it quickly. I didn't think I'd gotten anything good until I uploaded the photos and saw it. I didn't really even do anything to fix it up!

shiggy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2006
PDX
Well, South Willamette trail also loses 1300', so it must be flat! Some great roller coaster sections on South Willy.