Quantcast

HardRock COmp

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
I have a 2003 Hardrock Pro disk. I like it. I am a fat guy and wanted a burly HT frame to XC on.

What are you going to be using it for?

On thing I did not like about my bike was it came with a square taper BB and I worked over the cranks pretty quick. if your model is the ISIS style than that is a plus. Everything else is pretty much stock.....except the seat (had one I am used to already to put on) grips (I have many ODI lock ons and I use them on all my bikes) and pedals (mine came with cheapy plastic pedals and I put on my own clipless pedals.)

Pretty much all mu changes were for comfort (non-essential) except my destroying the cranks (my fault really)

I bought this year bike.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
RôCk_Cömp_ò4 said:
yeah iw ill be using mine for XC mine came with metal Sharp pedals. I want to get clips but i have a size 15 shoe and i dont think they will come in that size but who knows .. DO you know?
Clipless pedals don't care what size your foot is but the clipless shoes do.

I don't know about big feet cycling shoes....:think: I am using 9.5-10's. I think Sidi(expensive) has large ones....and often SPecialized used to and maybe Nasbar? I don't really know about that...sorry. but you could ask around.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
sure, i would think that a company like shimano, 661, sidi would have shoe that big.

I wear a size 13 myself

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
chicodude01 said:
sure, i would think that a company like shimano, 661, sidi would have shoe that big.

I wear a size 13 myself
I jsut checked 661 (sixsixone) and Specialized and they all had up to 14usa or 48european

I haven't checked the others.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
RôCk_Cömp_ò4 said:
thanks guys for looking but would the Junior t's woirk on the hardrock comp or will it mess wiht the geometry?
I wouldn't do it. You are adding a 7 inch fork to a frame the rolls with a 3-4 inch single crown fork.

it will most definately rake that fork out. Why do you ask?

Do you have the bike already and are looking to put a JrT on it? or are you looking to buy one to do that?

I wouldn't throw a Dual crown 7 inch fork on the Hardrock.....definately not.

Liquid

Chimp
Apr 5, 2004
Canada
ya I love mt hardrock comp. I also got rid of the square taper for an ISIS drive, which is much better, also plastic pedals sucked upgraded them, but the bike is strong, I ride hard XC and urban, and its mostly stock, and still kicking.
Its funny that RhinofromWA and I both had the same problems, crank, and pedals. the square bb creaked and really didnt feel good even when TIGHT.
Its a strong bikt but I already looked into the Junior t's and that post is covered here http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86621
Its got alot of good info on it some really good replys

PEACE

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
I just bought my wife one of these on Saturday. I've ridden it around a little bit and it seems to be a pretty solid bike. Good bike for the price if you ask me.....