Quantcast

Hardrock Sport Disc vs. Talus 8.0

turdferguson

Chimp
Oct 31, 2009
alright, i'm a noob. I just like to ride. I've taken out a buddy's ride and have hit the local trails and im hooked. so now i need my own ride.

i'm looking at HT's mainly because of budget but also that's all ive ridden on trails. i've been scanning through some bikes and i've heard good things about the hardrock and the talus. i'm wondering what you guys think as far as the ability and the potential for each ride.

which frame is more worth upgrading the components on? which bike comes with a better fork or drivetrain? or is there a different ride anyone recommends? one that'll be better in the long run? i hit it pretty hard, but im not exactly gonna need a tank...

and if anybody rides either lemme know how you like it!

thanks everyone,

everyones favorite noob with 2 posts.

Gex

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2004
Seattle
Plenty of places to check out used bikes, check out the classifieds of ridemonkey itself, pinkbike.com, MTBR.com, etc... plenty of bike websites have classifieds. Ebay is a good bet as well.

Try looking at a few year old rock hoppers and stump jumper hard tails.

turdferguson

Chimp
Oct 31, 2009
yo, i found a hook up on a 2011 hardrock sport disc for $325.

im thinkin' i should jump on it.

what do yall think?

pablo08

Chimp
Sep 9, 2010
I am brand new as well so take my advice lightly. I have looked and researched and ridden many bikes at many different prices. I don't think you can beat the 2011 hardrock or sport for price. This is just my opinion.