Quantcast

Harold Parker ride

vtjim

Beware of Milo & Otis
Jan 6, 2006
North Andover MA
I've been riding Harold Parker in MA this year. It's only about 10 minutes or so from my house and has some great trails, though I'm sure I've only found a small amount of them so far. All rocky technical single track; I always end up with a smile on my face by the time I get back to the trail head.

There is one spot in the trail that is just a ribbon of single track through the woods, but is surrounded on both sides by green grass; just a very pretty section of trail. On Saturday I stopped to snap off a few shots. Sorry for the low quality, but this is the best my iPhone could do:

Just thought I'd share...

vtjim

Beware of Milo & Otis
Jan 6, 2006
North Andover MA
HP is right by my house too, great trails in there.
Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised when I got in there this year (just moved to the area over the winter).

I think next weekend I'm going to head out to try to find the 18 mile Wicked Ride loop. I've got the map, but it's hard to follow through the woods, not being marked and all.

phipsi102

Chimp
Jun 6, 2009
Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised when I got in there this year (just moved to the area over the winter).

I think next weekend I'm going to head out to try to find the 18 mile Wicked Ride loop. I've got the map, but it's hard to follow through the woods, not being marked and all.
You may be surprised how easy it is- I just went out there for my second time, and I used the Wicked Ride map here: http://nsnemba.org/wickedmap07.pdf- Easily followed the trail for the whole part that is on the east side of Jenkins Road, Parking lot back to parking lot- took about 2 hours, but was AWESOME.