Quantcast

Harrisonburg DH trip on 2-25

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Talked to sirknight6 and we are planning on doing a trip to Harrisonburg on the 25th. We have room for 1 or 2 more people with us. Going to hit Flag pole knob outside of Harrisonburg and do some shuttle runs. Anyone is welcome we will just have to figure out how to shuttle everyone if we get alot of people. You can do the trail on what ever kind of bike you have, just more fun on a big bike.

Dennis

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
They are real close I think but not the same. It is about a 1.5-2 mile run and about 1500 feet of vertical drop you can go as fast as you want. There are some really cool big water bars that you can get some good air off of.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
denjen said:
They are real close I think but not the same. It is about a 1.5-2 mile run and about 1500 feet of vertical drop you can go as fast as you want. There are some really cool big water bars that you can get some good air off of.
Sounds like a winner......I'll get a pic of the trailer I have to give y'all a good idea of what we're dealing with...

CHOP

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
Rivermont, Va
BIRDMAN111 said:
is that that reddish hill thing that bearmtnpicknick was talking about?
Basically when you get to the top of the paved road, Flagpole is to the right and Reddish Knob is to the left.

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
You guys realize that the very next week, the weekend of the 4th, another trip has been planned out for Reddish knob. Why don't you guys wait one more week to ensure that the trails will be dry form the snow melting and we can all go over to Harrisonbug together.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
wood-dog said:
You guys realize that the very next week, the weekend of the 4th, another trip has been planned out for Reddish knob. Why don't you guys wait one more week to ensure that the trails will be dry form the snow melting and we can all go over to Harrisonbug together.

Think I missed that one, where is the link? What kind of riding at reddish knob?

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
Bearmntpicnic said:
well ill go to both whichever but woody you should hook me up with a ride ill call you when it gets closer im absolutly shore your rack could hual 90 pounds haha
Actually, I spoke to Corby earlier this evening and he said he can haul you and Matt up there but you will need to throw down some cash for gas. Actually, alot of cash because his new truck only gets 12 miles to the gallon. But I can still haul another unless I catch a ride with someone from Richmond (Ralphie)!

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
wood-dog said:
Go to the "Waynesboro/recycled cycles" link, it's about 5 pages now
Unfortunatly I cant make the 4th. Reddish knob sounds cool though. 7.5 mile trail, is it all downhill? How much pedaling is involved.

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
from what I have been told it is 100% downhill! Why can't you make it, Dennis? I'll tell you what, this is how bad I want to ride with you again, if you CAN make it on the 4th I will have an extra-heavy spring for your new Shiver. For free too! But only if you can make it on the 4th

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
wood-dog said:
from what I have been told it is 100% downhill! Why can't you make it, Dennis? I'll tell you what, this is how bad I want to ride with you again, if you CAN make it on the 4th I will have an extra-heavy spring for your new Shiver. For free too! But only if you can make it on the 4th
Unfortunatly my wife has been doing alot of traveling this month. She leaves again next friday and doesnt get back until Sat. the 4th late in the afternoon. I already have my mom set up to keep my son for next weekend.
My wife traveling is also why I cant ride in richmond with you guys tommorow. She is in New Port News until 7 pm. The traveling should stop after next week so hopefully I can hook up with you guys easier.
That free spring definatly got my attention.

VaNIlLin81

Monkey
Jan 27, 2006
c-ville
crap i can come..and you could give me the spring....:p then i could sell it..it would be great if i could get a ride tho..i really wanna go

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
You guys have room for one more with a truck of his own?

I'd be coming out of Norfolk, so if someone needs a ride, I can take one more, or one more guy and a little dude in the jump seat in the back of my truck.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
wood-dog said:
Actually, I spoke to Corby earlier this evening and he said he can haul you and Matt up there but you will need to throw down some cash for gas. Actually, alot of cash because his new truck only gets 12 miles to the gallon. But I can still haul another unless I catch a ride with someone from Richmond (Ralphie)!
Wurd! :thumb:

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Tattooo said:
You guys have room for one more with a truck of his own?

I'd be coming out of Norfolk, so if someone needs a ride, I can take one more, or one more guy and a little dude in the jump seat in the back of my truck.

How bigs yer truck? I have a Jeep grand Cherokee (ok ok, my WIFE does :rolleyes: ) and have a steel 6x4 trailer......

If yer truck has a receiver, we could use both....

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
At this point I am only set for the 4th. Although Denjen is a great guy and I wouldn't mind riding with him on that weekend. But it looks like it is one weekend or the other

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
wood-dog said:
At this point I am only set for the 4th. Although Denjen is a great guy and I wouldn't mind riding with him on that weekend. But it looks like it is one weekend or the other
Wife laid down the law huh? :D

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
sirknight6, a friend of his and myself are heading to Flagpole knob on the 25th. We are leaving Richmond at around 8am. The truck is full for the road trip to the moutains, but we may have room for 1-2 more people once we get there. All are welcome to come just have to figure out driving and shuttling arangements. Post here, PM me or call me at 804 339 9063 and we will work it out. I know a bunch of you are going next weekend, have a great time. I would do that one but conflicts at home are keeping me away.

Dennis

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
jaekormtb said:
I'd be happy to get myself out to Flagpole on the 25th if there's room on the shuttle vehicle. Can I book a space?
Be awsome riding with you again. Havent seen you in a while.

Dennis

Feb 5, 2006
Chester, Va.
I know this is a little late, but i like to make an entrance. haha But for real, I dont know what all the shuttle arrangements are but this sounds like a good time, it's just one day right? and how far of a drive, if I take my dads F-150? (or ride/shuttle with someone)

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Mtnbikerboy00 said:
I know this is a little late, but i like to make an entrance. haha But for real, I dont know what all the shuttle arrangements are but this sounds like a good time, it's just one day right? and how far of a drive, if I take my dads F-150? (or ride/shuttle with someone)
It is around 2 hours from richmond. I need to dig the map out so I can remember how to get there. The truck would be great. We are planning on meeting near the 64/288 innerchange on Sat at around
8. Probably get back 8-9 sat nite. Can yiur truck be used for shuttling?

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
denjen said:
It is around 2 hours from richmond. I need to dig the map out so I can remember how to get there. The truck would be great. We are planning on meeting near the 64/288 innerchange on Sat at around
Actually, I haven't heard from that dude.....so, Mtnbikerboy00, looks like there may be a spot for ya....:thumb:

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
denjen said:
Actually, his truck could be used for shuttling.....:think:

Maybe you follow us up in the truck?

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
wood-dog said:
Hey SK6 are you still going with us on the weekend of the 4th up to Reddish KNob?
I can only make the one, and that's a stretch as it is since I haven't started working yet...so money for me is a huge issue until the paychecks start rolling in...:(

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Sounds like we have a nice group coming together. If that truck works out that would be great, maybe hook the trailer to it and away we go.
Ralph I had a buddy and a friend of his call and may want in. They only have a car so once we get the shuttle thing figured out let me know if we have room for a couple more.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
denjen said:
Sounds like we have a nice group coming together. If that truck works out that would be great, maybe hook the trailer to it and away we go.
Ralph I had a buddy and a friend of his call and may want in. They only have a car so once we get the shuttle thing figured out let me know if we have room for a couple more.
OK, I have 4x6 metal trailer that we can pretty much load as full as we feel comfortable...if the pickup has a hitch or a place for a receiver (HINT HINT TJ!) than we have all the room in the world..

The trailer should be able to take up about 6 bikes if we pack it carefully....or more if we use our imagination...