Quantcast

Has anybody ever done a liver cleanse?

Basso

Chimp
Mar 3, 2009
So... this is a very odd topic, I know. But, I was talking to a buddy of mine, and he was talking about doing a liver cleanse and wants me to do one with him.

Honestly, this sounds like a bunch of BS to me... But I was also talking to my cousin who's also a big health-nut and she told me that she's done multiple liver cleanses and really beleives that they work to make you healthier. Other than her, I've never actually heard of anybody doing one of these. Are they healthy? Safe?

I read all the pro's and con's about it online, but am curious to hear real-life stories of people that have tried it. I don't know... i probably won't do it. I think my liver loves beer too much for me to try this...

ryebread

Monkey
Jun 20, 2007
Central Oregon
been thinking about the master cleanse. one question though: are you sapped of energy while you're doing it? Can't imagine an xc ride or even an hour of intervals with only lemonade and maple syrup as fuel.

If you're interested in doing a cleanse...go here:
http://therawfoodsite.com/mastercleanse.htm

You shouldn't have to pay for a product to cleanse your system. If you google search master cleanse you'll find instructions on how to do this yourself. It's good stuff, man.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
What are the benefits of this cleanse? What does the cleanse remove? In what way does that make you "healthier"? Will you feel the difference? How so?