Quantcast

Has anyone modded a Diamondback Mission frame...

rosenamedpoop

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2004
just Santa Cruz...
...to make it slacker/lower? Seems easy enough given the position of the upper shock mounting area. Drill a new hole just above the existing one? Maybe above and a little for or aft of the original?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Offset shock reducers, angleset, higher stack height, longer fork?

Sonic Reducer

Monkey
Mar 19, 2006
seattle worshington
...to make it slacker/lower? Seems easy enough given the position of the upper shock mounting area. Drill a new hole just above the existing one? Maybe above and a little for or aft of the original?
Cycle the frame with no shock and see where the contact point is. Might be the tire to seat tube also. Then measure your eye to eye at that point. Figure out the length of the bottomed out shock and those two measurements will tell you how low you can go. Anything less should be kosher at that point. Sounds like a fun experiment.

rosenamedpoop

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2004
just Santa Cruz...
Kyle Thomas (Thom9719), Diamondback pro, did a lot of interesting mods to his, turning it into a mini-DH. I think he posted it here. If I can find it, I'll link it up.

Found it: http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/f19/project-write-up-modifying-my-bike-all-mountain-mini-dh-243653/
Thanks! Lots of good info there. He did exactly what I want to... I believe the newest Mission has a 142 through, maybe I can get a new triangle from them to stiffen.

Kind of a trip how he made that bolt on bracket instead of just drilling a new hole & trimming a bit off the existing upper bracket...