Quantcast

Has anyone ridden any of the Trick Stuff brakes?

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Interested indeed, but unfortunately i have zero feedback since these things are total unicorns even in Germany. I suppose it would be easier for me to take the plunge since Trickstuff are close and i know that they are very customer friendly
Hey Mr. Sandro - do you have any updates on these / know any availability info?

I decided I'm happy to drop the cash on these, but I fear I may have left things too late - I've got 2 months until i jump on a plane with a DH bike, and while I thought that'd be plenty of time, I now see on bike24 they are listed with an 8 week wait, and r2bike says available October 2017. I don't understand if they are made to order, or a stocked item. I've been having trouble contacting them direct (not sure if my emails are being filtered as junk, possibly).

Appreciate any thoughts.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol

I decided I'm happy to drop the cash on these, but I fear I may have left things too late - I've got 2 months until i jump on a plane with a DH bike, and while I thought that'd be plenty of time, I now see on bike24 they are listed with an 8 week wait, and r2bike says available October 2017. I don't understand if they are made to order, or a stocked item. I've been having trouble contacting them direct (not sure if my emails are being filtered as junk, possibly).

Appreciate any thoughts.
Hi Udi, they seem to be available directly through Trickstuff:
http://www.trickstuff-shop.de/epages/TrickstuffGmbH44313886.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/TrickstuffGmbH44313886/Products/DR

During the order process there will be a field "Bemerkungen zur Bestellung und Lieferung"
In this field you need to declare your desired details:
  • Color
  • Motostyle or not
  • brake hose (You can order a braided hose from Goodridge with the brakes)
  • You can order the exact length of the brake hoses
  • Additional adapters if needed
Edit: I just saw that their delivery time seems to be 3 months :o. Seems like they build the brakes just for you.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
I haven't really looked into them more closely as i am going to replace one bike with two and need all my funds for this stable expansion. As Monarch said, Trickstuff seems to only build to order but some shops might stock the more normal colour options.

I gave r2-bike a call and they are checking if that delivery time is realistic, i'll let you know. If you are going to Europe you could also have them shipped to my address if that helps, i swear i won't flee the country and live the rest of my days off the proceeds from selling your brakes on ebay.

csermonet

Monkey
Mar 5, 2010
I see you've decided they are worth the coin, have enough people had enough time on them to deem them worth the cash? I work in the industry now(for a pretty awesome suspension company, I'll leave it up to your imagination) so I may be able to see if I can get cut some sort of EP pricing. If that's the case I may be up for spending the money and putting up with the wait.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
i swear i won't flee the country and live the rest of my days off the proceeds from selling your brakes on ebay.
Appreciate your time, I did email r2 but sounds like you'll find out sooner.
If you put them on ebay just send me the link I guess, at these prices what's the difference in spending twice as much again... :greedy:

Edit: I just saw that their delivery time seems to be 3 months :o. Seems like they build the brakes just for you.
Yeah sadly they seem pretty clear about that part, it's the first thing in the description!

I see you've decided they are worth the coin, have enough people had enough time on them to deem them worth the cash? I work in the industry now(for a pretty awesome suspension company, I'll leave it up to your imagination) so I may be able to see if I can get cut some sort of EP pricing.
I'm going to go ahead and say you're never going to get "a deal" on these, TS know what their product is worth and I doubt anyone is going to do BTO product for discount pricing (margins will be tight). Just my blunt take, I have considered the same thing as you.

With that said, I've ridden them (along with virtually every other brake currently on the market) and I stand by what I said earlier:
The potential of success excites me far more than the guarantee of mediocrity.