Quantcast

Havoc 35mm carbon bar ride report?

Rumlan

Chimp
Nov 29, 2011
Hey,

I'm thinking about picking up the 35mm carbon bars for my new build and was wondering if anyone has any ride time on them. I've read a couple reviews that actually said the new bars are too stiff and testers prefer switching them out. Sounds a little off to me, but I wouldn't mind hearing some first hand reports before pulling the trigger.

Also still a little hesitant about running carbon bars - how have they been holding up?

Cheers

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
I have one to wide and the stem is to short for me, so I will sell cheap.

Didn't seem to stiff, but I didn't ride it very long.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
bump for more input on this?

anybody tried them?
is the claimed weight of 225g at least close to being true?

Brilliant bar and stem combo, rode them last season and no 'bad' points, stiffness is just right. I recently sold them though because they were just too flat for my personal taste. Back on a chromag director/osx setup. If you like low rise can't think of a better bar.

EVRAC

Monkey
Jun 21, 2004
Port Coquitlam, B.C., Canada
I wish they'd do one with a bit more rise. 20mm is a little low for me.

Anyone know if any other companies are planning to go with 35mm clamp bars in the future?
Looks like Kore is, but what about the big players: raceface, chromag, renthal, etc.

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
I got a set for my big bike and thought they were great. I run a few spacers under my top crown for a bit of rise, but the width and bend suit me and my kinked wrists perfect. Perfect enough that I threw a set on my trail bike as well. :thumb:

Anyone know if any other companies are planning to go with 35mm clamp bars in the future?
Looks like Kore is, but what about the big players: raceface, chromag, renthal, etc.
I saw NukeProof has some.