Quantcast

Hawkoween -- Last race at the Dirty Bird

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
How about this:

Saturday -- practice from 9/10 to mid afternoon, then run the DH race

Sunday -- Dual Slalom race on the golf course, followed by complimentary shuttle runs for the rest of the day so you guys can ride any trail you want and enjoy the last runs at the Dirty Bird.

Sound good?

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
How about this:

Sunday -- Dual Slalom race on the golf course, followed by complimentary shuttle runs for the rest of the day so you guys can ride any trail you want and enjoy the last runs at the Dirty Bird.

Sound good?

Yes!!
That schedule also works great for people who want to do the DH race, but can only come up for a day.

How about this:

Sound good?

As someone who is driving a really long way please run this format. i know some more local racers may not but hopefully the extra shuttles on sun will still keep em smiling

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Sounds great.

As I understand Hawkoween, if you are bummed to not get more practice for a Saturday race then maybe you aren't getting into the spirit of Hawkoween. :headbang:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
You could just come as internet douche:D
I'm thinking of coming as a real life douche.
Here's my costume - (the accessories are the key to making it work):

100% post consumer recyclable/organic/dye & pigment free apparel
5.10 shoes
$6k DH bike
Bag of pot
PBR
Fireworks
Flat blade Shovel
SUV
Parent's credit card

Edit: joke not aimed at any one individual :thumb:

Last edited:

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
I'm thinking of coming as a real life douche.
Here's my costume - (the accessories are the key to making it work):

100% post consumer recyclable/organic/dye & pigment free apparel
5.10 shoes
$6k DH bike
Bag of pot
PBR
Fireworks
Flat blade Shovel
SUV
Parent's credit card

Edit: joke not aimed at any one individual :thumb:

Hmmmm...well I drink Miller High Life or Tecate so it must not be me...:rolleyes:

Oct 18, 2010
Really freakin bummed to hear that its going to be saturday dh race and sunday slalom. Hate beech mountain for that reason and never felt like i really got my moneys worth. i think its cool to be doing more runs sunday but since you are doing that once the harm in doing a saturday slalom and sunday dh. Everyone loved the 2 day dh race setup, and more people are coming for the dh racing anyway. IM sure there is more people that havnt spoken up and more people agree with this setup. Its sad to see that hawksnest is coming to a end so please dont ruin it. And a lot more people can schedule for dh racing sunday then a saturday. <-- my biggest problem.

Not to be baggin at all but the shuttle system isnt the fastest either and im predicting a huge crowd to be there which will further more slow down shuttle times, makin it real hard to get all the much need practice in on one day and to really practice you are so worn for when race time comes.

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!
:girlwink:

0110-M-P

Monkey
Jun 1, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Really freakin bummed to hear that its going to be saturday dh race and sunday slalom. Hate beech mountain for that reason and never felt like i really got my moneys worth. i think its cool to be doing more runs sunday but since you are doing that once the harm in doing a saturday slalom and sunday dh. Everyone loved the 2 day dh race setup, and more people are coming for the dh racing anyway. IM sure there is more people that havnt spoken up and more people agree with this setup. Its sad to see that hawksnest is coming to a end so please dont ruin it. And a lot more people can schedule for dh racing sunday then a saturday. <-- my biggest problem.

Not to be baggin at all but the shuttle system isnt the fastest either and im predicting a huge crowd to be there which will further more slow down shuttle times, makin it real hard to get all the much need practice in on one day and to really practice you are so worn for when race time comes.

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!
I tend to agree....getting enough practice runs in with so many people shuttling is a bitch.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!
Would you really prefer to have the very last day of riding at the Dirty Bird being a few practice runs, sitting around, then getting a race run in? The vibe at Hawkoween is far from taking racing seriously, hell the only reason we do races at Hawksnest is an excuse to get them to let us come in and take over for a weekend so everyone can ride.

Oct 18, 2010
Would you really prefer to have the very last day of riding at the Dirty Bird being a few practice runs, sitting around, then getting a race run in? The vibe at Hawkoween is far from taking racing seriously, hell the only reason we do races at Hawksnest is an excuse to get them to let us come in and take over for a weekend so everyone can ride.
either way there is going to be downhill sunday, and thats what saturday is for to get some of those practice runs in but also have a great time and ride with the bros, and then comes sunday and you get a serious for a couple of hours and really fine tune your line and race and then goes back to be havin a great time with everyone. There is always people that are out there takin everything serious. and there are going to be a lot of new faces out there who are going to try out the dh racing scene. who will appreciate more practice time. no matter what its going to be a great time and it will be going down big.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
then comes sunday and you get a serious for a couple of hours and really fine tune your line and race and then goes back to be havin a great time with everyone. .
You are just not getting it. You do have a valid point of view for other true DH races, but Hawkoween isn't as much a race as a year end blow out. As moto said Sunday will be much better just having fun runs all day rather than a short practice in the morning and then sitting around all day while they do timed runs.

You'll probably gain more of a time advantage wearing a costume versus another couple more practice runs on Sunday. Geeze have a beer. These guys aren't going to ruin anything.

fortenndu

Turbo Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
Boone, NC
Butch you use the internet to much, this is for your own good. Eventually you will turn off your computer to avoid me and my internet will no longer be filled with Butch.

adevault

Chimp
Sep 29, 2004
cant wait!! Liz and I will be there friday night ready to party...just wanna ride and have fun....could care less about the race format....lookin forward to it!!

adevault

Chimp
Sep 29, 2004
You are just not getting it. You do have a valid point of view for other true DH races, but Hawkoween isn't as much a race as a year end blow out. As moto said Sunday will be much better just having fun runs all day rather than a short practice in the morning and then sitting around all day while they do timed runs.

You'll probably gain more of a time advantage wearing a costume versus another couple more practice runs on Sunday. Geeze have a beer. These guys aren't going to ruin anything.

amen profro!!!

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i can't decide on a costume...

i think i'll just come as tom murphy and use the f-bomb as my only adjective when telling young kids about how awesome things are :rofl:

i wish i could find a way to put noah on my shoulders and safely make it down the hill.....we'd be Master Blaster!

kiponga

Chimp
Oct 17, 2009
So I can't come saturday to race. Is it okay to come sunday to take advantage of the shuttled trails if I pay or something like that?

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
The plan is to have a small fee (to help cover the truck rental) for people that want to just show up and ride on sunday. We need to finalize weekend scheduling with the Boone Bike Cyclocross race and decide on a fee. More details ASAP.

We're planning on taping the track such that it uses portions of each of the three existing tracks. Should be sick and not too much work for us since we're getting run out of the place.